Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » TDCi accelerator pedal position

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TDCi accelerator pedal position
ndndndnd
Post TDCi accelerator pedal position
on: February 27, 2018 (GMT)

Hello,

I’m trying to investigate some odd throttle behaviour from my wife’s 2007 Fiesta 1.4 TDCi.

However, none of the ‘accelerator pedal position’ gauges seem to work, not even the one in the extended Ford PIDs.

Is this because it’s a TDCi?

I have found an alternative PID – 22032b – for pedal position, which I’ve tried but with no success.

Can anyone suggest a different PID or way that I can access the pedal position data?

My cheap adaptor seems to work as a lot of other information is available to view in real time.

Many thanks,

ND

moreause
Post Re: TDCi accelerator pedal position
on: February 28, 2018 (GMT)

get forscan

it’s ford specific

with a cheap adapter you may miss some info

from what i understood …you have more that one communication bus in the obd port and the cheap module only access one,some better one can access more

but with my obdlink mx i have access to LOTSSSS of data

access to each device on the bus ect

cintakc

try alternative PID – 221340, 22491d
Header 7E0

ndndndnd

My brother in law suggested forscan when I mentioned the torque app to him.

Theoretically it should be possible through Torque, so I’ll pursue this first.

Many thanks for the alternative PID’s, I’ll give them a go and report back!

Can I ask where you got the alternative PID’s from?

Many thanks,

ND

ndndndnd
on: March 2, 2018 (GMT)

I had a quick go with those alternative PIDs and neither of them elicited a response.

I tried with both 70E and Auto as the header with each PID.

Could there be anything else I’m missing? Is there a way to establish if my ELM327 dongle is picking up all the information needed?

Many thanks,

ND

cintakc
on: March 3, 2018 (GMT)

Hey.
Firstly, what you did and how you did, it’s not entirely clear to us, put screenshots
second, not 70E, but 7E0

check adapter with program
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.applagapp.elm327identifier&hl=ru

ndndndnd
on: March 7, 2018 (GMT)

Thanks for the link to that programme. I’ll have a go and see what it says,
although all the play store instructions are in Russian so I’m not sure I’ll understand what it tells me!

I’ve still not had any success with my wife’s car, although I did plug it into my father-in-law’s Mazda BT-50 truck when it was misbehaving. It quickly threw a fault code for the EGR system – it turned out the EGR valve had become jammed partially open with soot. A quick clean and the truck ran perfectly again. Torque really proved it’s worth there!

Interestingly, Torque could read accelerator pedal positions (D and E, I think) on the truck, which is another diesel Ford product only two years younger than my wife’s fiesta. That said, I don’t think the engine is a PSA (Peugeot/Citroën) unit like the 1.4TDCi, which might make a difference.

cintakc
on: March 8, 2018 (GMT)

PSA (Peugeot/Citroën) unit have a different protocol of exchange

ndndndnd
on: March 10, 2018 (GMT)

Yes, that makes sense.

Would there be PSA pid’s that might work, even in a Ford?

There are no predefined sets for Peugeot/Citroen within torque which makes it trickier.

cintakc
on: March 12, 2018 (GMT)

I could give you a tip for Citroen, but you did not post a single screenshot, maybe you are doing something wrong and we will not see it anyway

ndndndnd
on: April 9, 2018 (GMT)

I was playing about with the OBD2 reader on the car the other day, when I spotted the ‘adapter status’ menu. Torque duly pointed out that my cheap adapter would not read Ford PIDs! Well, that solves that one.

I am sold on the usefulness of the system, so I think I’ll purchase a better adaptor. Is the Vgate iCar 2 a good choice? I’m using android devices, so is it worth spending the extra on the Wi-Fi model for the faster sampling rate as I don’t need it to communicate with an iPhone?

Many thanks,

ND

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.042 seconds.

Follow me on twitter