Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Why can I not read the fault codes?

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why can I not read the fault codes?
SimonHF
Post Why can I not read the fault codes?
on: February 3, 2018 (GMT)

Newbie question: I have had an intermittent engine light going on and off on my 2017 Porsche Cayenne Hybrid to do with the battery. So I bought a Veepeak OBDCheck BLE device and plugged it in and connected to it using my Android phone and the Torque app. The bluetooth connection appears to work flawlessly. However, when I try to read current, pending, or historical fault codes then Torque says there are no codes available. Is this to be expected if an engine light goes on and then off a few hours later? Seems like the Porsche dealership could read the codes using their equipment. Do they interface using a different hardware interface?

moreause
Post Re: Why can I not read the fault codes?
on: February 3, 2018 (GMT)

if the light is off the code is not active
so it will not show up

with some app you can get pending code or history

SimonHF
on: February 5, 2018 (GMT)

Thanks.

Looks like Porsche dealership is able to read the historical fault codes even with engine light off.

I noticed that Torque has an option to read ‘historical fault codes’… is that not the same thing?

Also, a Porsche technician suggested to me that there are two different places to read fault codes; one regular set of fault codes, and another set for the hybrid system. Does Torque differentiate between two such different systems?

Same Porsche technician says he uses a snap-on scanner device to read the fault codes. snap-on is a third-party so presumably this means that Torque as a third party could also read the info too?

moreause
on: February 6, 2018 (GMT)

don’t mix third party and third party

from what i remember snap on licence a far for free

they probably pay big money to get the specific of each brand

i just have to use the forscan app for ford to see TONS of data … vs torque

torque have access to the obdii standard data and a bit more with it’s plugin

but with the correct software even third party you can WAY more

…for the rest i don’t know the specific of torque

cintakc
on: February 6, 2018 (GMT)

SimonHF
control units HVBAT and HV have addresses 7E5, 7E6 and to read Errors on these blocks you need the command 19022C
you can create on the instrument panel screen two devices of the type “Send command OBD”
atsh7e5
19022c

click the Test button

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.02 seconds.

Follow me on twitter