Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Torque Scan Missing PIDs

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Torque Scan Missing PIDs
ScottB
Post Torque Scan Missing PIDs
on: February 2, 2018 (GMT)

First great. App. I have the paid version with the OBDLink MX and it works great.

For my truck I have a external PID CSV file setup with say 30-40 GM (Mode 22) PIDs. I have about 75% of these mapped out and verified to have the correct equations/values and units.

I just ran Torque Scan tonight, using my Bluetooth OBDLink MX unit.

Torque Scan finds a few GM 22 mode PIDs, but only a few. The odd thing is it doesn’t find any of the ones I actually have working, except for 1 of them.

What is the logic behind how the Torque Scan works as obviously it is missing a lot of valid PIDs in it’s scan. Is there a timeout where it gives up too soon maybe?

The scan was allowed to run through the entire 220000 – 22FFFF range of PIDs.

P.S. Also when I select to email the scan results all that is in the email is the note about setting the vehicle type. None of the PID info is in the email body or as an attachment.

Because of this I had to screen snap the found PIDs from Android to capture the list of what it found.

Thanks
Scott..

crabber
Post Re: Torque Scan Missing PIDs
on: February 2, 2018 (GMT)

I had a lot of help with a similar problem from a member on here, hopefully he may give some advice but this is what I was told, if I have remembered correctly.
I have a feeling that torque scan does not scan the complete range of pids and so I was asked to try pid scan.
This wasn’t as straightforward as I expected as my very cheap adapter could not “see” the full range either so I ended up buying another.
As for emailing the results of torque scan, I have read that this was a known issue that had been fixed a long time ago, but I still could not make it work. The error message was something like “cannot attach an empty file”

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.01 seconds.

Follow me on twitter