Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » GM pids

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GM pids
Mightymax
Post GM pid help!
on: January 30, 2018 (GMT)

I have an 09 lmm Chevy Duramax. I have a bafx Bluetooth adapter. Alot of the GM pids show inaccurate values. The temp readings on some sensors are obviously wrong. Is there an easy fix for this? Ive tried 2 different bafx adapters and 3 different phones. Same outcome on all.

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: GM pids

Hi!

Are you using the default set of GM PIDs or a set from a website somewhere? (It’s important if using an external set of PIDs to get the temperature units correct, otherwise they may be double-converted which can cause incorrect readings to be shown (ie: Deg.C to Deg.F when already in F)

Mightymax

I’m using the default gm pids. The oil temp stays at -9degrees. The outside air temp stays at -23 degrees. I’ve seen other duramax owners online with the same problem but haven’t seen a solution yet. My first priority is to get the engine oil temp working.

Mightymax

Also when I first got the app none of the gm predefined pids would even show up. Until I entered atz in the very advanced settings.

Mightymax
on: January 31, 2018 (GMT)

I’m still looking for a couple pids for my 09 Duramax. Oil temp, oil pressure & transmission temp. None of the GM predefined pids work. I’ve done hours of looking on the internet and can’t find anything. I have a 03 powerstroke with a 6.0 and the Ford pids work fine. The GM pids for my Duramax show up green in torque scan but register incorrect values and the value never changes. I am open to any suggestions.

Jhhendri
on: March 31, 2019 (GMT)

I am having very similar issues with my lbz. Temps are all way off, balance rates at -423, etc. Only thing that seems to work is rpm and coolant. But those arnt even GM specific. Did you come up with a fix? I’m using a bafx adapter as well. (Also have the atz code punched in too)

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.023 seconds.

Follow me on twitter