Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Layout corrupted after update

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Layout corrupted after update
Gdirwin
Post Layout corrupted after update
on: January 16, 2018 (GMT)

I just updated to latest Torque for Android, and my layouts are all stretched/corrupted (off screen etc) – like it is all stretched.

I tried uninstalling, deleting .torque directory, then restoring my layouts, but layout, but same issue.

Help!

It is a large layout (46 meters on a page to show my EV battery voltages for example) and would take hours to re-create.

All help appreciated!

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Layout corrupted after update

Hi!

None of the layout code has changed in the recent updates so nothing should be stretched/etc

Have you toggled by accident the ‘hide notification bar’ feature on the screen at all – this changes the screen size and will affect the layout dimensions (or if on a recent samsung, hidden the navigation bar)

EXTPid not found will be shown when the displays cannot find their matching extra (user setup) pids

Once the pids are present the displays will automatically find them and will display the pid information – you’ll need to check that the PIDs are actually the ones the displays are using

Gdirwin

Thank you for your reply.

I just checked and the notification bar was turned off in both cases – I tried changing it and reloading the layout, but no change.

The only change was the update from the Google Play Store. I recall yesterday there were two updates – one was just a few hours after the first. No settings were changed when the layout problem first occurred.

It is like it is zoomed in so that I only see 2/3 of the layout and the rest is off the screen horizontally or pushed to other pages vertically.

Ideas?

Gdirwin

I should add that the custom pid issue (Elithion BMS) resolved itself after a restart… I edited my first post to remove that part.
Layout problem remains.
Thanks!

piemmm
Administrator
on: January 17, 2018 (GMT)

Hi!

A screenshot if you are able to get one would be infinitely helpful in describing the issue!

What Android device are you using it on? (some android devices have a ‘game mode’ which can reduce/change the resolution of the screen and this can have something like the described effect)

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.031 seconds.

Follow me on twitter