Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » automatic startup

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: automatic startup
mikecicc
Post automatic startup
on: January 16, 2018 (GMT)

I’m sorry but I searched for this before posting and I would think it would be a main wiki topic so I must be missing something very simple.. That said I’m very frustrated with a simple issue.

1) how do I start my phone when it detects USB power. I want to use this daily in my car. Need phone to turn on when it detects usb on and off for shutdown.

2) How do I start the dashboard once my phone boots? I don’t have an ODB2 adapter configured but I was hoping I could atleast get torque to start somehow when my phone boots up..

thanks,
Mike

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: automatic startup
on: January 16, 2018 (GMT)

Hi!

In the pro app, you’ll want to go to Settings, ‘Dashboard installation settings’

In there, there is an option to start the app up at boot time, and to put the phone to sleep when power is disconnected. This should work for the vast majority of use cases you’ll throw at it (the only exception being when your device actually runs out of battery power, you’ll need to press the power button to bring it back to life)

mikecicc
on: January 18, 2018 (GMT)

Does it power the phone on and start torque pro when the phone receives power via the USB connection as well? In other words I’m going to leave this phone in the car all the time (it’s an old phone) and I want it to power on and off with the car. I’ll leave it plugged in all the time too.

1 suggestion is to put a wiki page up that describes the major differences between pro and light.

thanks,
Mike

piemmm
Administrator
on: January 18, 2018 (GMT)

Hi!

If the phone is ‘started’ (ie: in sleep or standby mode and hasn’t gone flat) then torque will wake it up when USB power is applied to the port.

If the phone has run flat, and has turned of as a result of that, then it’s down to the firmware on the phone (nothing that android itself can touch, it will likely be before even the bootloader starts). Some phones if you hold the power button down on them (ie: permanently stick it in a ‘pressed’ state will accept this and will always power on/startup when USB power is applied – other phones may not, unfortunately you’ll have to see which one your device behaves as

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.016 seconds.

Follow me on twitter