Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » BT adapter speed measurement

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BT adapter speed measurement
Hiej
Post BT adapter speed measurement
on: January 6, 2018 (GMT)

I have noticed that the adapter reading speed readings have something strange:

On adapter info screen I get an average of 70/80 PIDs/sec with peaks of 100/105, but i think that the speed under the realtime screens is more or less half of the one reported on adpter info.

This seems confirmed by the fact that afeter some minutes of usage under realtime screen when I go under adapter info i see an average speed of about 30/40 PIDs/sec but increasing because under this screen the speed is higher.

Is this a normal behaviour or something can be fixed/improved?

My setup:

– Galaxy S7 with stock android 7.0
– OBDLink MX BT
– ISO 15765-4 CAN (11 bit ID,500 Kbaud) protocol

– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
2010 Mazda 2.2d – 185
OBDLink MX – SGS7
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: BT adapter speed measurement
on: January 7, 2018 (GMT)

Hi!

The benchmark runs a single OBD mode 01 command which returns immediately – this gives an idea of the latency of the adapter and bluetooth stack in the phone

Once you come out of that activity, and number of different commands can be issued (and different OBD requests can take different amounts of time to complete) this is probably why you see a large difference in some situations (this is dependant on the PIDs being asked)

For example, a mode 01 request for rpm, will usually return one small response, whereas a mode 22 request could return many lines of data, all of which take time to generate and send. For benchmarking, you can’t guarantee every vehicle will have mode 22 pids available, so you’re stuck with mode 01, and only well supported ones at that

Also, worth noting, that if any other app initiates a bluetooth or ble scan, then the whole bluetooth stack can be severely slowed down and the PID rate will plummet whilst the scan() or connect() is being performed

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.011 seconds.

Follow me on twitter