Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » What profile parameters affect enhanced MPG calculation

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What profile parameters affect enhanced MPG calculation
svorkoetter
Post Which vehicle profile parameters affect enhanced MPG calculation?
on: January 6, 2018 (GMT)

As the weather has gotten colder, Torque has become less accurate. In the summer, it was generally within 1%, and I could trust the distance remaining to within 12km (although I never let it get that close). Now as it gets colder and colder, Torque is producing ever more optimistic fuel consumption figures (i.e. lower L/100km or higher MPG).

My questions related to this are:

1) Which vehicle profile parameters can I adjust to compensate for this? I know that the “fudge factor” (I forget at the moment what it’s actually called) has no effect in Enhanced MPG mode, but do any of the others?

2) More specifically, will setting the volumetric efficiency affect fuel consumption calculations? If so, in which direction. I tried decreasing the VE, and it seemed to make Torque even more optimistic, although this could be a coincidence as the weather got even colder at the same time.

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: What profile parameters affect enhanced MPG calculation
on: January 7, 2018 (GMT)

Hi!

The calculation can be completely different depending on the available sensors and the fuel type

VE will be used in some configurations/situations. There is also temperature compensation involved for the calculation of air. If enhanced calc is enabled in the settings, then things should be accurate and this could indicate either that you have a custom engine setup, a remap or device that is faking some data to the ECU, or a sensor that is starting to slowly diverge from giving accurate readings

I’d need to know the engine setup before I could speculate further

svorkoetter
Post Re: What profile parameters affect enhanced MPG calculation
on: January 7, 2018 (GMT)

It’s a stock 2001 Saturn SL1 with Saturn’s 1.9L SOHC engine. No custom anything.

One thing that did change is the O2 sensor. I was getting an intermittent SEL regarding a slow O2 sensor (P1033 was the code), and recently had it replaced. Torque was more accurate before the replacement than after. Maybe _that_ was the cause of the change?

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.013 seconds.

Follow me on twitter