Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Can't connect: 2005 Nissan Cube JDM in UK

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can't connect: 2005 Nissan Cube JDM in UK
chiron
Post Can't connect: 2005 Nissan Cube JDM in UK
on: December 31, 2017 (GMT)

Hi all,

I’ve got a JDM Nissan Cube 2005 (BZ11 model). It uses the same engine as the K12 Micra/March/Note but was JDM only. The ECU is Hitachi.

I can sucesssfully connect and read data/codes on various apps but not with Torque Pro. I’m using a VLink adaptor and a Samsung Galaxy S3 running LineageOS. All of the following apps work perfectly with the Nissan Cube. Torque also works fine on other cars.

Apps that work:
Nissan Guage
Car Gauge Lite
Nissan Econ Tool
NDSII Lite

With Torque pro i’ve tried setting up the custom init strings in the profile and used various options like alternative header etc without sucess. This seemed to get the adaptor connected in some limited way but did not access any PIDS.

What can I do to get Torque Pro working?
Does anybody know of a way to log the bluetooth traffic with the other apps so I can identify what they are doing to connect sucessfully?

thanks

Cars, Cars and more cars.

cintakc
Post Re: Can
on: December 31, 2017 (GMT)

Init strimg
atsp5\natsh8110fc
protocol ISO 14230-4 (fast, 10.4kb)

"Name","ShortName","ModeAndPID","Equation","Min Value","Max Value","Units","Header"
"Nissan CII Water temperature","WatTemp","2211010401","R3-50","-50","205","grad.C","8510FC"
"Nissan CII Speed","Speed","2211020401","R3*2","0","510","km/h","8510FC"
"Nissan CII Battery Voltage ","BatVolt","2211030401","R3*0.08","0","20.4","Volt","8510FC"
"Nissan CII RPM ","RPM Niss","2211050401","R3*256+R4","0","6000","rpm","8510FC"
chiron
on: January 7, 2018 (GMT)

Tried that, didn’t work. The green OBD LED on the VGate blinks a few times but it doesnt connect.

I also tried the HobDrive app which works and seems to be sending the same init strings.

I’m a bit lost as to why Torque doesnt connect when all the other apps do?

cintakc

Go into Setting “Vehicle Profile” fill profile
-preferred OBD2 protocol select ISO14230-4 (fast, 10.4kb)
-Select bird “Use OBD alternative header”
-custom configuration string: atsp5\natsh8110fc
-save
Post a csv file in the folder .torgue \ extendedpids
Go into “Settings” -> “Manage extra PIDs” -> “…” -> “Add predefined set”
-Select set Nissan
-exit the Settings
-Select “Realtime information”
-long tap on the screen
-add display
-select Digital display
-select parameter from the list Nissan
-also create other devices

you must create a file Nissan.csv in folder /extendedpids
and write down the data in it, which I gave above
you can create such a file on the computer (it’s more convenient on the computer) and then move it to the phone

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

I’ll need some debugging to look at this in a bit more detail:

Go into General Settings, scroll down, and tick ‘enable debugging’

Quit and restart the app and let it connect for about a minute. After that, go into the ‘Realtime Information’ screen and press the menu(gear) icon, and then select ‘Send debugging information’

A box will popup, type your forum name and ‘nissan’ into it so I can locate the debug, and then press send – this will send me the debugging info I need.

If you could also do the above, but with a blank ‘default’ vehicle profile with nothing changed (quit and restart the app after selecting the blank profile, so I get a clean debug), then that’d be great as well!

chiron
on: January 10, 2018 (GMT)

Debug logfile sent today at approx 11:00 UK time. Logfile name starts with my forum name. Logfile was done with the vehicle profile, custom init strings, alternative OBD header etc.

I’ll do a blank profile logfile tonight and send it over.

EDIT – default/black profile sent last night. It didn’t connect without the custom init strings.

cheers!

piemmm
Administrator
on: January 12, 2018 (GMT)

Hi!

Got the debugs, thanks

The adapter ‘connected’ on several protocols however the ecu didn’t respond to an 0100 request on any of them, so it’s probably a nissan that only responds for the mode 22 stuff (non-obd2 compliant)

You’ll need to use the custom init string as above, and need to make sure you have the PIDs entered (also as above). The init string is required

The displays you have visible on the screen are not the nissan advanced ones (you will need to add these) – you currently have only the mode 01 displays on the screen which won’t work

So, basically, as your first debug. Then go to the realtime info, long press on the screen and add the relevant mode 22 display

chiron
on: January 22, 2018 (GMT)

Thanks!

I’ll run a couple of other tests soon. I was also trying to do a BT HCI capture on one of the other programmes to see what it does.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.168 seconds.

Follow me on twitter