Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Nissan Terrano Connection Problem

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nissan Terrano Connection Problem
GerhardOosth
Post Nissan Terrano Connection Problem
on: December 13, 2017 (GMT)

I have a huge problem. Hope there is someone that can help.

Technical Background:
I bought an ELM327 adapter.
The electronic pc board was saying 1.3.
The software version was 2.1.
Connection: Blue Tooth.
Address of ELM327: 00:1D:A5:68:98:8C
Vehicle: Nissan Terrano 3 litre, 2003, diesel.
According to the workshop manual the following protocol applies: ISO 9141-2, ODBC compliant, Consult 2 used to diagnose the vehicle.
App addressing the ELM327: Torque Pro

This ELM327 was plugged into the Terrano. Bluetooth connected but no communication to the car ECU. I then connected it to a Geely LC cross, 1.3 litre. Immediately the data was obtained and all was well. WE then started to check the difference on the terrano. The first thing that was noticed was the following. The OBD connector is not wired correctly.

We find the following pin connection on the OBD socket fitted to the vehicle.
1. Check
4. Ground
5. Ground
8. Ignition On
12. Sci TX
13. SCI RX
16. Car Battery

On the ODBC connector/adaptor (ELM327) we found the following.
4. Ground
5. Ground
7. K line, TX/RX
15. L line, Tx/Rx
16. Car Battery

It is obvious that the terrano is not fully OBDC compliant. The problem is with the signal to the ECU. Now the fun started. Can I rewire the odbc socket on the vehicle? Can I move pin 12 to pin 7 for the ELM 327 to read the signal line. Also I need to move 13 to pin 15. But now the problem started. On the terrano one line is marked as TX (transmit) and the other line is marked as RX (received). On the adaptor these lines are marked as RX/TX. Which means that the car is not compatible? Can anyone help? What is the next step? Or is this the end?

Thanks Guys

cintakc
Post Re: Nissan Terrano Connection Problem
on: December 14, 2017 (GMT)

Your car uses the old protocol, Consult 1, the ELM327 adapter does not support this protocol
contacts 12,13 auto can not be switched to 7,15 adapter
maybe you can use such an adapter and such software for android, but I do not guarantee this, I still say it’s possible

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.scobasoft.econtool
https://ru.aliexpress.com/item/CONSULT-interface-WITH-Bluetooth-For-NISSAN-Scanner-Diagnostic-Tool-for-Nissan/32444495860.html

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.009 seconds.

Follow me on twitter