Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Strange bug with l/100km this morning

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Strange bug with l/100km this morning
svorkoetter
Post Strange bug with l/100km this morning
on: December 11, 2017 (GMT)

I was driving to work this morning, using the next-to-most-recent version of Torque Pro. As I was coasting down a hill, engine-ON and in gear, the l/100km dropped to 0.0 as it often does, most likely due to DFCO. That’s when the bug happened.

As I got to the bottom of the hill and started to apply power to climb the next hill, the l/100km remained at 0.0. First I thought that Torque might have lost contact with the OBD adapter, but that was not the case, because it was still registering engine load and RPM correctly.

I only had about 1km to go to my stop, so I left it until I got there. Despite a deceleration, a complete stop for a stop sign, and an acceleration, the l/100km never budged from 0.0 even though load and RPM were displaying correctly. My trip l/100km was steadily declining, even when I knew it should be increasing.

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Strange bug with l/100km this morning
on: December 13, 2017 (GMT)

Hi!

Can you check the adapter error count(In the adapter status screen) the next time you notice that happening? I’ll be interesting to see if the app noticed an error in the comms or not – it’s about the only thing that can stop it from working (if an invalid value came back from the adapter)

svorkoetter
Post Re: Strange bug with l/100km this morning
on: December 16, 2017 (GMT)

Will do, but this never happened before in several months of usage, so it might be a while until it happens again.

But nonetheless, since the rest of the gauges that use the OBD kept working correctly, Torque obviously recovered from any comm failure that may have happened, but it forgot to keep calculating fuel consumption, so there’s probably a bug to find there regardless of what triggered it.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.013 seconds.

Follow me on twitter