Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Oil pressure, oil temp will disconnect

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Oil pressure, oil temp will disconnect
twscarp 51
Post Oil pressure, oil temp will disconnect
on: December 9, 2017 (GMT)

Hello, I recently purchased a original ELM chip v2.2 Bluetooth scanner from elm-327.eu in Romania . I previously had bought a scanner on eBay, that would not pair. I am using a new Samsung Galaxy Tab E for my display. I have purchased Torque Pro and added the plug-in Torque Scan, everything seemed to be working fine for a couple weeks. My vehicle is a 2008 Chevy Express 1500 4.3l van with 220k. Then last week though, sometimes my oil pressure and oil temperature displays will freeze, or go to “0”, always both, not one or the other, only after shutting off the motor, (like going into a store), and starting it back up. The only way I’ve found to make it work again, is to uninstall TP, then reinstall, any ideas on what is going on and how to correct?

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Oil pressure, oil temp will disconnect

Hi!

Uninstalling/reinstalling usually won’t make a difference unless your device is defective somehow in it’s storage media (this is extremely rare to happen so it unlikely).

What’s probably happening is that the adapter is slowly becoming bad and not working properly – when it stops working, check the Adapter Status screen after being connected for a while and look at the ‘Error Count’. There are 2 numbers, and both should always be 0. If they’re not 0 then it means that the adapter is not responding correctly to requests and likely needs replacing

Check that the adapter is functioning properly as 99% of the time a freezing display is a symptom of the adapter getting the request for the display wrong

twscarp 51

OK thanks, I will check. Hoping my high dollar scanner is not dying.

Zrock
on: December 10, 2017 (GMT)

or it could be similar to the issue i have been dealing with for months with no success. Most all gauges work perfectly except for DTE and oil pressure. Some days the oil pressure will be spot on and other days it will cycle from correct reading to max then back to 0. it will do this every time things update for a reading… The DTE just has a mind of its own.

twscarp 51
on: December 14, 2017 (GMT)

Quote from twscarp 51 on December 9, 2017
OK thanks, I will check. Hoping my high dollar scanner is not dying.

Well, it happened again today, Error Count 0 and 59. Seems I have to reinstall the app to get them working again. I did email the manufacturer in Romania and described the situation to him. I’m fully aware of the cheap pirated China clones, that’s why I purchased the adapter built in Romania using the genuine ELM chip.

twscarp 51
on: December 14, 2017 (GMT)

Hello, the manufacturer replied back:

Hello Thomas,

If the app displays only some data it’s at least strange, because interface is using same communication channel for reading all sensors data, or DTC’s. Usually, if the adapter is faulty, it shouldn’t even connect to the car, or transmit/receive any data.

“I contacted the administrator for the Torque app, he said what I’m describing is a adapter going bad”, can you please ask him to argue somehow this (with some more technical details)? It will help me better to understand a potential problem.
Or at least can you get a detailed report for that ’59 other faults’?

Same thing happens while using other apps (by example ‘MotorData OBD’, or Carista)?

Regards,
Alessia

twscarp 51
on: December 16, 2017 (GMT)

Quote from twscarp 51 on December 14, 2017
Hello, the manufacturer replied back:

Hello Thomas,

If the app displays only some data it’s at least strange, because interface is using same communication channel for reading all sensors data, or DTC’s. Usually, if the adapter is faulty, it shouldn’t even connect to the car, or transmit/receive any data.

“I contacted the administrator for the Torque app, he said what I’m describing is a adapter going bad”, can you please ask him to argue somehow this (with some more technical details)? It will help me better to understand a potential problem.
Or at least can you get a detailed report for that ’59 other faults’?

Same thing happens while using other apps (by example ‘MotorData OBD’, or Carista)?

Regards,
Alessia

Is there a way to reveal those faults, and would that tell us anything?

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.026 seconds.

Follow me on twitter