Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Blue Driver ODB2 adapter and Torque

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Blue Driver ODB2 adapter and Torque
blazm
Post Blue Driver ODB2 adapter and Torque
on: November 30, 2017 (GMT)

Hi,

I recently purchased Blue Driver ODB2 adapter and as expected works great with the Blue Driver companion app from the Google Store.

ELM327 Identifier shows that it supports all versions of the ELM327 protocol (up to 2.2). However when trying to use it with the Torque Pro, the adapter is detected however there are errors while trying to connect to the ECU.
Has anyone else tried to use this adapter with Torque Pro and had any luck?

I did not try to use it with any other ODB2 software, should probably give it a try.

Best regards,

Blaz

sa
Post Re: Blue Driver ODB2 adapter and Torque

Hi Blaz,

Try setting a different protocol in Torque Pro settings and test. When you start the app before tapping on any of the icon tap on “Settings” the gear icon on the left.

Then Vehicle Profile > Edit > Show Advance settings > Preferred OBD2 Protocol > select from the list that your car uses and see if that resolve the issue.

SA

blazm

Hi,

Thanks for the tip. I fiddler around with the settings (found info that I should use ISO 15765-4 CAN (29 bit ID, 500 kbaud) protocol, however no go. With cheap ELM327 Torque Pro is working fine, but not with BlueDriver OBD2 adapter (which scores 103/103 success with ELM327 Identifier).
I posted a question on BlueDriver site – I guess they will respond the communications between their app and adapter is secure with using some proprietary info. Will see.

Thanks again,

Blaz

P.S.
Just got the replay (they are really fast) that the adapter is specifically designed for their app and therefor will not work with apps using ELM327. Well, interesting part is that ELM327 Indentifie gives it 103/103:)

piemmm
Administrator
on: December 1, 2017 (GMT)

Hi!

It’s a bit silly locking the hardware to a single app – a reason you’d do that could be that they want to keep data harvesting from you using their app and not letting you use the hardware with any other OBD apps that obviously may not give them any info, this could be if the hardware is subsidised (or any number other of different scenarios), worth a thought to check apps privacy policies on this to see what data you’re really sharing!

(out of interest, the privacy policy on Torque is such that you control all the info in the app and any uploads are off by default unless you enable them – and then you can decide to upload them to your own server if you wish, you don’t have to use the one I provide (and there’s a promise on that server to never, ever, everever share that info with third parties)
basically: https://torque-bhp.com/privacy.txt )

F-150Torqued
on: December 2, 2017 (GMT)

^^^^^^ And for that, we thank piemmm

————-

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.022 seconds.

Follow me on twitter