Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Custom gauges layout dissapearing

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Custom gauges layout dissapearing
malo
Post Custom gauges layout dissapearing
on: November 21, 2017 (GMT)

I’m running torque on my Android head unit, everything works fine apart from my gauge layout keeps disappearing. I can restore it from an export but that’s not practical everytime I get in the car.
I’ve searched the problem and It seems I’m not alone but there doesn’t seem to be a fix for it. Can anyone help?

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Custom gauges layout dissapearing

Hi!

What version of Torque are you using, and what make/model of headunit it is running on (with android version)

malo

Hi.
Torque version is 1.8.158
The unit is made in China somewhere. Not really sure of the make and model.
Android version is 4.4.4.
Thanks

piemmm
Administrator

ok, thanks – is it set to English as it’s primary language in Android or is the language setting set to something else?

Also can you email a copy of the layout file that you had exported (and keep reimporting) to me at ian@prowl.org

malo

Hi. Yes English is the primary language. I’ve sent the layout to you.
Thanks

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

I think this is a permission related issue to do with a previous installation of Torque – this means that you’ll need to delete the hidden ‘.torque’ folder completely (keeping any files safe that you need) – the issue is that the app cannot access the dashboard file to be able to save it, hence it’s not saving

malo

Hi.
I deleted the .torque folder and set up everything again, vehicle profile and layout.
it has happened again though.
if its a access problem then why is the vehicle profile saving ok?
Thanks

piemmm
Administrator
on: November 23, 2017 (GMT)

Hi!

Ok, trying to think what else this could be – usually turns out to be the android device doing something strange (most of the time with killing activities can cause this kind of behaviour)

If the .torque folder was definitely deleted then it probably isn’t going to be permissions related – do you have any kind of task killer/optimiser app active?

Also, is it forgetting the layout every time, or just occasionally?

malo
on: November 23, 2017 (GMT)

Hi.
No task killer app installed.
It only seems to happen when I’ve been out of the car for a few hours or say over night. Then they are gone.
What I’ve been doing is closing torque down before turning the car off. So far so good. Not counting my chickens yet though.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.192 seconds.

Follow me on twitter