Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Cannot place a new CSV file in Extendedpids folder

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cannot place a new CSV file in Extendedpids folder
sa
Post Cannot place a new CSV file in Extendedpids folder
on: November 20, 2017 (GMT)

Hi,

I need to create my own Extended PIDs. Instead of going one by one using the options from the phone, I need to do it using CSV file. I know, if the CSV file is placed under /.torque/extendedpids folder, like there is already on with the name “Others” then it will be easy to pick my custom PIDs from the “Manage extra PIDs /Sensors —> Menu —>Add Predefined Set” and then choose from the list your CSV file.

I know the any folder with the “dot” is hidden folder and I can make it visible through file / folder utility temporarily removing the “dot” from the “/.torque” folder I am using a free one called “X-Plore”. Then I connected the phone with the computer. I can see the folder structure from the Windows File Explorer. Once I try to copy my CSV file it dose not appear over there.

I do not recall what error I was getting as this exercise was done few days ago but I can post it latter some more information.

Has anyone faced this issue or has the workaround.

Thank you.
SA

F-150Torqued
Post Re: Cannot place a new CSV file in Extendedpids folder
on: November 20, 2017 (GMT)

I do this routinely for a variety of different dashboards, without issue.

But I just set my Android device up where hidden files are ‘visible’. I don’t know about changing the name?? Looks like that could screw Torque UP.

Export PIDs, then copy that CSV file to your computer and edit it (adhering to the format), then copy it back as whatever name you like.

I like to place an underscore in front of all my own PIDs that I have ‘hacked’ or figured out beyond Torque’s extended ones. That way MINE all sort up front and can be identified as original ones or new ones.

———————

cintakc
on: November 21, 2017 (GMT)

I know the any folder with the “dot” is hidden folder and I can make it visible through file / folder utility temporarily removing the “dot” from the “/.torque” folder I am using a free one called “X-Plore”. Then I connected the phone with the computer. I can see the folder structure from the Windows File Explorer. Once I try to copy my CSV file it dose not appear over there.

install ES3 File Explorer, it will allow you to see hidden folders
move your file from your computer to your phone to the folder /Download, and then in the phone itself, move the CSV file from the folder /Download to the folder /extendedpids

sa
on: November 24, 2017 (GMT)

Hi cintakc

Thank you for the app name and trick to copy first in “Download” folder. It worked and I was able to place the CSV file with no issue. I tried again with “X-Plore”, I think it has a bug and it still gives error to copy a file from one folder to another folder although I am doing the same steps as I used with the “ES3”. I will still use X-Plolre as the graphical look of the folder in Tree format is great help to find the folder easily. I was having little issue doing the same eith ES3. May be I need to explore more option on ES3 on how to navigate.

I now need to build the PID file for my Dodge Grand Caravan 2006 SXT.

Thank you again for the tip.

SA

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.016 seconds.

Follow me on twitter