Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Pid value

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pid value
user_M
Post Pid value
on: November 13, 2017 (GMT)

I have several pages in my torque set up. In some of the i have for example the boost pid in half dial format where i get also the min and max value. The problem is that these values are written only in the sekected page. When I move to the next page with different mix of pids and the boost pid min and max values are 0.. It’s there a way to have the information across all the pages?

Capp777
Post Re: Pid value
on: November 13, 2017 (GMT)

What about making your boost gauge a
floating widget?

user_M
on: November 14, 2017 (GMT)

I will try it but it is not only the boost pid I need in other pages I need only the Load for example and in different pages the same pid has different size..

From your answer I guess there is not a way to have the value all over?

Capp777
on: November 14, 2017 (GMT)

Similar issue with totalizer pids where once
you leave the dashboard which displays it the
pid becomes inactive. Ian suggested adding
pid to data logging to keep it active. I don’t
know if this will help you with boost min/max
values.

userM
on: November 15, 2017 (GMT)

I got the point
Thanks

cintakc
on: November 15, 2017 (GMT)

userM, write to me on the mail, we have once chosen the formulas for fuel consumption

F-150Torqued
on: November 19, 2017 (GMT)

I likewise have several dashboard pages (15) in my setup, more for testing unknown PID responses than for any specific problem diagnosis. But I have observed this on numerous occasions, and can certainly see value in @user_M ‘s request. Such as diagnosing an intermittent problem. I have a CAM PHASER screen that has a CamError accumulator where that could be handy. And there are over 30 PIDs relating to the transmission operations – on many of which that would be helpful (ie: Line Pressure, Shift Lag milliseconds, Shift flare milliseconds, TC Slip rpms, input > Output shaft ratio – and several others).

I am aware of ‘LOG’ capability and Floating Widgits etc. But a gauge has to have a variable indicating that it is ‘LIVE’ or on the ‘active’ dashboard and its display needs to be updated/redrawn and min/max values updated. Seems it would only involve an additional variable to the gauge parameters indicating it is a ‘persistent’ gauge, and poll the PID and update min/max variables even if it is not ‘LIVE’ or on the ‘active’ page. All lost on EXIT accepted.

Just a thought.

—————

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.041 seconds.

Follow me on twitter