Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Torque Scan results never the same

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Torque Scan results never the same
1996MED
Post Torque Scan results never the same
on: November 8, 2017 (GMT)

Hey All,

Hoping for a bit of insight / help. I have a spare 1996 Mazda ECU on the bench (ISO 9141-2). Live data stream works fine and the ECU appears to be 100% functional so far.

I was unable to quickly figure out the telnet portion of Torque Scan (TS) so opted for a free 327terminal app to change the baud rate and response wait times on the adapter.

Prior to changing the adapter settings, I have never received ANY response from a TS other than ‘scan complete, nothing found’ (since 2014). The response screen was just blank. Changing the settings have now resulted in inconsistent responses. At times there is just a blank screen again, another time it has a few mode 22 PIDs listed with no response (again blank), and yet another time the entire screen is covered with mode 22 PIDs – some with good hex responses – others blank after the PID.

Apologies for not having a file, keep getting the blank screen after I figured out how to export it. 22 2c 2c is one of the PIDs.

Of course any attempt to add a PID via Torque or poll the PID via the 327 app fails.

The adapter is a 1.5 knock-off that has performed live data for years. Real ELM adapter is ordered.

The ECU is an oddball as it the only USDM MAZDA ECU that could not be re-flashed in 1996. However, the FSM states there are multiple PIDs to test using the factory scan tool beyond what both mode 01 00 & Torque report.

Droid Razor
Android 4.1.2
TorquePro v1.8.154
TorqueScan v1.8

Any thoughts are welcome and help is greatly appreciated.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.006 seconds.

Follow me on twitter