Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Torque Scan Plugin and Realtime Charts Plugin "Unable to Connect to Torque Plugin Service"

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Torque Scan Plugin and Realtime Charts Plugin "Unable to Connect to Torque Plugin Service"
Phil_in_NH
Post Torque Scan Plugin and Realtime Charts Plugin "Unable to Connect to Torque Plugin Service"
on: October 21, 2017 (GMT)

Guys,

I am Phil T. and I developed the “Realtime Charts” Plugin for Torque Pro. I have a user running Torque Pro plus the Realtime Charts plugin on a “Pendo Pad” tablet w/ Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) with an issue.

It appears to be an Android security or app permissions issue that I am trying to solve and I am hoping someone knows what’s going on here. This is the first time I have seen this problem. Lots of other Android Marshmallow users are running my plugin perfectly fine and of course most of us use the Torque Scan Plugin w/o an issues.

The Torque Pro “Realtime Information” plugin (gauges and dials) runs fine and can communicate with the ECU but the “Torque Scan” plugin and my plugin can’t connect to the Torque Service which is how plugins read data from the ECU.

Both my plugin and the “Torque Scan” plugin are running as separate apps unlike the Torque Pro “Realtime Information” plugin and other base Torque Plugins that are “embedded” in the larger Torque Pro app. Hope that all makes sense.

I have debugged the problem remotely with help from the user down to the bindservice() call which returns false and fails to establish the connection to the Torque Service.

After failing to find a programming issue, I had the user try the “Torque Scan” plugin as a test which as I explained above also failed.

Hoping that someone has solve this one.

Thanks,

Phil

Here’s the email describing the testing of the Torque Scan Plugin.

“Hi Phil,

I installed Torque scan, it does open, but when I select PID scanner, I get the error message. ” unable to connect to torque plugin service” if I then select start scanning the following message appears ” unfortunately torque scan has stopped “.

Phil_in_NH
Realtime Charts Plugin Developer, outdoorsman, car guy, woodworker, software engineer, fly fisherman, cyclist

Get Realtime Charts for Torque Pro at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pjt.realtimecharts_v1

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.006 seconds.

Follow me on twitter