Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » don't know what this means

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: don't know what this means
speedysloth
Post don't know what this means
on: October 4, 2017 (GMT)

I have a 1998 f150. for the past several months have had a p0174 which means a lean condition in bank 2. a week ago decided to take a look at the driver’s side of engine and found that two of the manifold pipes had cracks in them. used some muffler repair epoxy and so far it’s holding together. erased the code and have not seen it reappear when I drove the vehicle yesterday. today decided to scan for faults codes and none was stored but when I looked at the veh. test results, I see, TID: CID: lean to rich sensor threshold voltage(constant) Min:32,850 Max:32,686, current:65,534. what does this mean? there’s a 2nd one below that, which reads TID: CID: , but the rest of the numbers are the same as the previous stuff. any help in this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

F-150Torqued
Post Re: don

@speedysloth

Glad you found and cured your lean condition. Many do not realize an exhaust leak ahead of O2S1-1 or O2s2-1 can cause a lean code.

As for your Mode 06 results: That’s an O2 sensor monitor test or CAT efficiency test. The readings info would have to come from OBDII documentation for YOUR specific vehicle. I looked in my 04 OBDII theory of Operation Manual and can’t match up the Min – Max etc. for any tests.

But, I can tell you it’s not earth shaking. Mode 06 is a very valuable facility. But we have to realize that gives you ‘instantaneous’ one-time readings of various things. Such as voltage readings on O2 sensors – WHICH swing from .1 volt to .9 volts constantly. So an instantaneous reading between those extremes is ‘OK’. The specific instantaneous reading shouldn’t scare you if it happens to be .1 volt. Still beats crawling underneath with a Volt Ohm Meter. The Mode 06 report gives the Min – Max readings to let you know what the PCM will consider ‘out of range’. Anything between there is a “PASS”.

Some tests (And I suspect the one you are asking about) take some time to complete or get ready. Such as O2 sensors to come up to temperature. Many tests report a ‘default’ value after Codes have been cleared – before the test can be completed. I note that your ‘current:’ reading is 65,534. Interestingly that is ” minus 2″ (or FFFE) in Computer lingo. I suspect you have cleared codes – and this is a code that the test you asked about has not completed – perhaps because the O2 sensors, or Cats, have not reached operating temperature.

Hope this helps put your mind a little at ease.

—————

speedysloth
Post Re: don

Quote from F-150Torqued on October 4, 2017
@speedysloth

Glad you found and cured your lean condition. Many do not realize an exhaust leak ahead of O2S1-1 or O2s2-1 can cause a lean code.

As for your Mode 06 results: That’s an O2 sensor monitor test or CAT efficiency test. The readings info would have to come from OBDII documentation for YOUR specific vehicle. I looked in my 04 OBDII theory of Operation Manual and can’t match up the Min – Max etc. for any tests.

But, I can tell you it’s not earth shaking. Mode 06 is a very valuable facility. But we have to realize that gives you ‘instantaneous’ one-time readings of various things. Such as voltage readings on O2 sensors – WHICH swing from .1 volt to .9 volts constantly. So an instantaneous reading between those extremes is ‘OK’. The specific instantaneous reading shouldn’t scare you if it happens to be .1 volt. Still beats crawling underneath with a Volt Ohm Meter. The Mode 06 report gives the Min – Max readings to let you know what the PCM will consider ‘out of range’. Anything between there is a “PASS”.

Some tests (And I suspect the one you are asking about) take some time to complete or get ready. Such as O2 sensors to come up to temperature. Many tests report a ‘default’ value after Codes have been cleared – before the test can be completed. I note that your ‘current:’ reading is 65,534. Interestingly that is ” minus 2″ (or FFFE) in Computer lingo. I suspect you have cleared codes – and this is a code that the test you asked about has not completed – perhaps because the O2 sensors, or Cats, have not reached operating temperature.

Hope this helps put your mind a little at ease.

—————Thanks for your reply. I did let the truck run for several mins. I’ll see what happens when I run some errands tomorrow. I also noticed that the truck is running a little rough. Is this because the computer is trying to get everything in sync again? thanks again.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.014 seconds.

Follow me on twitter