Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Compatibility with DirecLink brake controller

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Compatibility with DirecLink brake controller
MBDiesel
Post Compatibility with DirecLink brake controller
on: September 30, 2017 (GMT)

I have a DirecLink DL-100 brake controller. For those who are unfamiliar, it’s a brake controller that interfaces with the OBD2 port to get deceleration and brake info from the vehicle.

In order to use Torque while towing, I have to use a Y-cable/splitter to connect the DL-100 and my OBDLink LX at the same time. With both connected, the brake controller seems to work fine but the information that Torque displays is intermittently incorrect. For example, my boost gauge will briefly give a bogus reading of over 100PSI or my fuel rail pressure will show over 60,000PSI for a moment. Seems like a corrupted packet comes through occasionally. Most of the PID’s that are queried at a high rate will do this. Disconnect the brake controller from the Y-cable and Torque behaves fine.

Vehicle is a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel which runs ISO 15765-4 CAN 11-bit 500kbaud. The OBDLink LX has been tried with firmware from the factory as well as the latest from Scantool.net. I’m running the latest version of Torque Pro.

MBDiesel
Post Re: Compatibility with DirecLink brake controller
on: October 2, 2017 (GMT)

Got an email back from Tuson about the issue. Looks like they’re using the same network address. Can Torque modify what address the adapter uses?

Based on the information you provided, we believe that that the Bluetooth OBD2 adapter and the DL-100 are using the same network address. There are only 8 network addresses that are available on the OBDII port. If there is direct conflict with the network address for the DL-100 and Bluetooth OBD2 adapter, there is only 2 ways to fix this issue. Either scantool.net or Tuson RV Brakes would have to change their network address for their devices. Currently, we are not able to make design changes to the DL-100 network address. I suggest contacting scantool.net to see if they can make any design changes or can assist you with this issue.

MBDiesel
on: October 2, 2017 (GMT)

Did a bit of poking around and it seems tester addresses aren’t used on 11-bit protocols so there may not be a way to make it work.

https://www.scantool.net/forum/index.php?topic=13983

Mike D.
on: October 3, 2017 (GMT)

Think you need to see if ScanTool can tell you how to index the address of that interface…

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.068 seconds.

Follow me on twitter