Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Torque pro slow

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Torque pro slow
Danielk
Post Torque pro slow
on: September 27, 2017 (GMT)

Hi!
Can anybody say me why my Torque is so slow?
fast connection active, every settings that act on speed is on fast setting.

Car is a VW Eos 2.0 L TFSI 2007
Headunit andriod 7.1.x

See my Video:
https://youtu.be/9At_4fGuzNg

Danielk
Post Re: Torque pro slow
on: September 28, 2017 (GMT)

no support here?

mr-wizard
on: October 3, 2017 (GMT)

I’m having issues with torque being slow when large to extra large displays are used. Do smaller sized displays help you?

Try resetting the dials to default and let me know if anything changes.

Danielk
on: October 6, 2017 (GMT)

i only use small display, my max is medium.
watch the Video, just 6 Displays.

I reset everything, Headunit and App.
i reinstalled Torque pro too

Danielk
on: October 11, 2017 (GMT)

Now with brand new obd tool mx from scantool. Its a bit better. But still far away to syncron. ?

Danielk
on: October 21, 2017 (GMT)

up

Phil_in_NH
on: October 21, 2017 (GMT)

Daniel,

Older vehicles tend to have a slower network link to the ECU so the number of pids per second can be pretty low in these older models. For example, my 2002 BMW 530i only can deliver about 8 PIDs per second but my 2011 Ford F150 can do 32 PIDs per second both with the Scantool MX OBD2 adapter.

Try a Torque Pro setup with just the RPM gauge on the screen and see if the response time is fast and closer to real time.

Also, my app (link below) has a diagnostics legend that shows the max pids per second Torque Pro can read from your vehicle. Torque Pro programming interface has this info available.

Let us know how you do.

Phil

Phil_in_NH
Realtime Charts Plugin Developer, outdoorsman, car guy, woodworker, software engineer, fly fisherman, cyclist

Get Realtime Charts for Torque Pro at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pjt.realtimecharts_v1

Hiej
on: October 22, 2017 (GMT)

I think in reality there’s some kind of issue on reading speed and this issue was introduced since version 1.8.128 in my case it happens that time to time the polling speed drops to 3/8 pids/second where normally with my setup I have an average speed of 50/60 pids/second.

to mitigate this behaviour I have set airplane mode on the device I use for torque. To fix temporarily the issue I have to stop and restart the app.

– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
2010 Mazda 2.2d – 185
OBDLink MX – SGS7
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –

Danielk
on: October 27, 2017 (GMT)

Quote from Phil_in_NH on October 21, 2017
Daniel,

Older vehicles tend to have a slower network link to the ECU so the number of pids per second can be pretty low in these older models. For example, my 2002 BMW 530i only can deliver about 8 PIDs per second but my 2011 Ford F150 can do 32 PIDs per second both with the Scantool MX OBD2 adapter.

Try a Torque Pro setup with just the RPM gauge on the screen and see if the response time is fast and closer to real time.

Also, my app (link below) has a diagnostics legend that shows the max pids per second Torque Pro can read from your vehicle. Torque Pro programming interface has this info available.

Let us know how you do.

Phil

thx but for one time use its to expensive for me.

a setup with only the rpm gauge is no different.

cintakc
on: October 27, 2017 (GMT)

Try running Torque not on the head unit, but on the phone

user_M
on: October 31, 2017 (GMT)

The last few days I am noticing thevsame thing. Torque pro is running slow and some times it is like it has stop updating the data in most pids.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.043 seconds.

Follow me on twitter