Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Torque. What good is it?

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Torque. What good is it?
sam1956
Post Torque. What good is it?
on: September 10, 2017 (GMT)

To many times people asked the questions but there is no answers. Like when somebody asked about bank 1 sensor 3 has failed. No one has has a answer on what exactly what that is. It seems that Torque is only good for looking at all the pretty gauges.

svorkoetter
Post Re: Torque. What good is it?
on: February 28, 2018 (GMT)

Yes, it’s good for looking at the pretty gauges. It’s also good for showing you the information that those gauges display. I use Torque to monitor my instantaneous engine load and fuel consumption. As a result, I’ve been able to alter my driving habits and use 15% less fuel. I can also immediately see the improvement that aerodynamic modifications to my car make.

But in short, if you don’t understand what good it is, then you probably don’t need it.

voodooJef
Post Re: Torque. What good is it?
on: March 3, 2018 (GMT)

Well, it shows me my fuel trims, which let me know if my ethanol mix is where it`s supposed to be. That`s a plus. It can also indicate if I`ve got a boost or vacuum leak. It also tells me whether or not I`m triggering the knock sensor. A very important thing to know when I`m tuned to 32psi of boost. Oh, and because my intake manifold doesn`t have any provisions for an EGR valve, but the car came with one, the app gave me the values that the egr circuit needed to see in order to satisfy the emissions test “not ready” status so I could tailor a solution.

But I suppose for some it`s just a way to look at some neat gauges. And that`s fine with me, too.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.078 seconds.

Follow me on twitter