Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Display Gone

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Display Gone
borax
Post Display Gone
on: September 7, 2017 (GMT)

When I logged into Torque this morning all the display items are just gone. Not a single one shows anywhere. Any way to get them back or do I just start over?

Capp777
Post Re: Display Gone

Vehicle profiles came be setup to use
separate dashboard layouts, custom
pids and data logging.

Any chance you switched profiles?

Any chance you exported your dashboard
layout?

Make sure you exit Torque using its menu>quit
option to ensure config files are closed properly.

borax

Thanks for the reply. I only have one profile. And, no I never exported it. I will rebuild.

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Torque stores it’s data on the memory card (or storage area, whatever the phone defines that as) on the phone, so if the card is erased, then the data will likely be gone too

On slightly older android phones, if the SD card was ‘mounted’ on a computer when the app starts, then it also won’t be able to access the dashboard folder (inside the hidden ‘.torque’ folder)

You can export an import the dashboard to different files just in case for some reason the original one becomes corrupted or is deleted so if it vanishes then you can usually simply re-import the old file (unless the .torque folder was deleted or storage area was formatted)

You can also take a complete copy of the ‘.torque’ folder as well, which will contain pretty much everything (you may need to set your file manager to be able to view hidden files before you can see the folder)

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.017 seconds.

Follow me on twitter