Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » GM 6L90 trans temp display

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GM 6L90 trans temp display
Web.eng
Post GM 6L90 trans temp display
on: September 4, 2017 (GMT)

Hi All,

I know the question regarding trans temp display has been asked many times and I have searched and read through heaps of the questions and answers on here and elsewhere on other forums. I have a slightly different question though which someone may be able to help me out with.

I have an LSA with a 6L90 transmission. I’m running Torque Pro and I’m using an ELM327 V2.1 bluetooth adaptor.

I’ve managed to get a “Current Gear” display to work so I know that the transmission is sending some info at least.

If I go into the Manage PID list and click on the “Trans Fluid Temp” PID and then “edit”, I can scroll down to “test” From here I can see that Trans Fluid Temp (Method 1) is saying: “Result for equation 0.0” and it seems to stay at 0.0

However, when I go into Trans Fluid Temp (Method 2) it is saying: “Result for equation 45.0” and that number is changing or climbing (as the trans warms up I assume)

I am guessing from this that the trans fluid temp is being read BUT, when I go to “add display” the Trans fluid temp option is still black not bright green suggesting it is not available.

Can someone help me out here? It looks as though the temp is being read, I just can’t select it for a display.

Capp777
Post Re: GM 6L90 trans temp display

You might try creating your own pid
using the same info?

Maybe a different module is responding
to the same pid.

Web.eng
Post Re: GM 6L90 trans temp display

Update: Problem fixed. Stupidly I had been trying to select the “Trans Fluid Temp” setting not the “[GM] Trans Fluid Temp” setting…
One to look for if you are setting up a GM trans!

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.023 seconds.

Follow me on twitter