Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Last update removed option?

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Last update removed option?
j3ph3ryvan
Post Last update removed option?
on: August 25, 2017 (GMT)

Hello
I have used TorquePro for 3-4 years to monitor a 2011 3.8l Jeep transmission fluid temp successfully via the wakeup combined with an extended PID call to the ecu over CAN. I did this by an uncomplicated formula and it worked great . It was not the coolant temp as some had misconfigured theirs ; it functioned for 3years .

I am inquiring about this because the manner in which this is accomplished is via the Extended PIDs. These are shown by their ‘PID’ in the PID editor (Settings->Manage extended PIDs->tap on a PID for more information).

There in is my question :
why , since update in May 2017 to update 1.8.158 on Android 7.1.2 has the option within my TorquePro to access “Settings>Manage Extended PIDs” disappeared?

As in, that is no longer appearing on my contextual menu , nor under “Settings” any more. Below is image of the transmission temp output via extended PID configuration working, just this past Spring. What changed? I’ve never had my ecu flashed nor updated so this is not the vehicle ecu. This was a change within TorquePro. I have the Torque Scanner plugin ,tho I never had installed that nor had to before.
Thank you for the help if you can follow what I am saying and asking about!

West Nashville, Tn.
long-time Jeep owner.
Currently wife & myself have a ’95 XJ and an ’11 JKU.

F-150Torqued
Post Re: Last update removed option?
on: August 27, 2017 (GMT)

This post is a couple of days old without response. IDKW but I hope you have resolved it.

Just wanted to say I am on version 1.8.158 and >Settings>Manage Extended Sensors/PIDS works just fine. Hopefully you can just reload Torque and fix it.

—————–

j3ph3ryvan
Post Re: Last update removed option?
on: August 27, 2017 (GMT)

I did not have a chance to update this yesterday but it is appreciated that my initial post got attn and the response is accurate; I reloaded the app and plugins I had before and once I did restart , I was able to find the extended PID customization as well as the list of different vehicle types for which extended PID monitoring exist. After adding the one suited for my make , the gauge was able to be added and performs as good or better than it ever has.
Problem resolved and was NOT an issue related to the program nor upgrades to it.
PEBCAK.
??

West Nashville, Tn.
long-time Jeep owner.
Currently wife & myself have a ’95 XJ and an ’11 JKU.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.015 seconds.

Follow me on twitter