Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Adapter Status Information..

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Adapter Status Information..
smokyjack
Post Adapter Status Information..
on: August 19, 2017 (GMT)

Hello, new to the Forum. This is in regard to a 1999 ford exlplorer. I am having trouble entering data such as “Vehicle Manufacturer” (Not present), “Vin Code” (Not present), etc. I touch these on my device but nothing happens. How can I enter this data. I am also having trouble with my MPG display as it is not showing the right “mileage left till empty” (I wish it were right as I would be getting 249 miles on a half tank of gas). tia.

Capp777
Post Re: Adapter Status Information..
on: August 19, 2017 (GMT)

That information is read from the vehicle
when available and connected.

Make sure your vehicle profile is setup
correctly and select settings to use more
sensors for calculating your mileage for
best results.

Taken from another thread…

Quote from admin on August 17, 2017
Hi!

Just in case you haven’t already done this, can you make sure ‘enhanced mpg calculation’ is enabled in the settings as well as ‘Faster Communications’ (the adapters should work flawlessly with these settings enabled)

The app does use as many sensors as it can get to calculate accurate MPG, the enhanced calculation uses more, and it’s usually pretty accurate – about the only thing that can throw it is a bad sensor (usually a faulty MAF sensor), though it’s *very* rare for this to happen and kinda obvious when the MAF is no longer reading accurately or has completely stopped working (by way of smoke/poor economy, or an engine that is constantly hunting idle revs when the MAF fails fully)

Hopefully it’s simply a case of turning the enhanced MPG on!

End Quote.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.015 seconds.

Follow me on twitter