Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » New Phone won't Connect

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Phone won't Connect
Tasng4
Post New Phone won't Connect
on: August 18, 2017 (GMT)

Firstly this could either be a torque, phone or OBD2 reader problem.

So, I bought a new phone a Wiko Sunny running Marshmallow 6.0 [17]R. the OBD2 reader is one of these –> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Reader-Auto-Diagnostic-Scanner-Car-WiFi-Bluetooth-ELM327-OBD2-II-Tool-Advanced-/391825281430?hash=item5b3a9b5196:g:310AAOSwKtlWnJfR just a cheapie from Hong Kong.

The phone will pair to the reader but not connect my old phone connects and read just fine.

Any suggestions?

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: New Phone won
on: August 18, 2017 (GMT)

Hi!

Have you told Torque in the app settings, what bluetooth OBD2 adapter to connect to?

Also, have you overridden that in the vehicle profile (create a default vehicle profile and select that, for testing).

Also, make sure the other phone is powered down fully and then reconnect the adapter. It’s quite possible for it to be still connected to the adapter, and the adapters only allow one connection at a time

These are the most common reasons for not being able to connect to the adapter – if the adapter works, then make sure you’ve told torque what BT device to connect to and you should then be up and running!

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.012 seconds.

Follow me on twitter