Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Torque Pro freezes

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Torque Pro freezes
Doc Monty
Post Torque Pro freezes
on: August 17, 2017 (GMT)

I am having a problem with Torque Pro freezing or locking up after about 50 miles of driving. The displays usually show a small square green flashing light but after about 50 plus miles the green light is no longer visible and all of the gauges are frozen. I have to back out of the system completely and exit and then I can restart the program and everything is fine again. Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so how did you correct it?

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Torque Pro freezes
on: August 18, 2017 (GMT)

Hi!

What OBD2 adapter are you using – it is likely to be the adapter freezing(a general issue with some of the ebay clones) and not the app itself

The green light on the dials flashes every time the adapter sends a response to the app… if it stops flashing then it means that the adapter has stopped sending data to the app

Doc Monty
on: August 19, 2017 (GMT)

Yes, I am using one of the generic OBD2 adapters purchase from eBay. Bought it several years ago. Just thought it was strange that the only time it freezes is just after approximately 50 miles of driving continuously. Even after the software freezes the OBD2 orange light is still flashing as if it still communicating. Prior to the unit freezing, everything appears to be working just fine. I guess the next step is to purchase one of the recommended OBD2 adapters and see how that works out. Thank you so much for your response.

piemmm
Administrator
on: August 22, 2017 (GMT)

Hi!

Before you purchase another adapter, can you tell me if the device is hot or not – the adapter and the android device (some of the clone adapters go a bit nuts if they get too hot) and similarly, if the android device gets to warm(left in direct sunlight, etc) it can cause issues

The only other thing I’ve seen that will lock the screen, is when using a custom ROM (where the ROM maintainer has enabled all kinds of ‘speedups’ which ultimately have issues resulting in lockups for some apps)

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.069 seconds.

Follow me on twitter