Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Torque + Mougerk Car WIFI OBD II

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Torque + Mougerk Car WIFI OBD II
djkurve
Post Torque + Mougerk Car WIFI OBD II
on: August 15, 2017 (GMT)

So I just got this Mougerk Car WIFI OBD II via Amazon today and for the life of me I can’t get it to work. It came with no instructions, but there was a picture on their product page that explained how to set it up. Here are the steps.

1.) Install Torque via Google Play Store. (I bought the pro version for .95)

2.) Connect the OBDII into my 2011 Cadillac SRX’s car OBD port. (While car was off. I noticed all the lights flash for a second, then a solid red light on the device remained on.)

3.) Connected to the ODBII wifi network via my Galaxy S6. (WI-FI IP Settings were automatically set to “DHCP” and Proxy was automatically set to “None.”)

4.) I opened Torque for the first time. Was prompted to setup a vehicle profile, but based off the setup picture from the product page I was suppose to choose “adapter Status”, “connection to adapter”, and then choose wi-fi.

5.) Then I was suppose to exit and -re-run Torque. However the setup instructions didn’t even mention I needed to setup a vehicle profile when using the Torque app. So I proceeded to create my vehicle profile.

Profile Name: 2011 Cadillac SRX
Engine: 3.0
Total Vehicle Weight: 4,250 lbs
Fuel Type: E85
Fuel Tank: 19 US Gallons
Current Fuel Level: 50%
Max Dial RPM: 7000
Fuel Cost: .65 per Gallon

6.) After that I saved my vehicle profile and was back at the Torque home screen. This is where I noticed none of the features were working and there was a little blue icon flashing right below the TORQUE header at the top of the page. I think it’s an icon of the actual OBDII. Not really sure because this thing didn’t come with any sort of instructions. Do I have a defective OBD or am I missing something here???

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.01 seconds.

Follow me on twitter