Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Ford BOA brake over accelerator switch

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ford BOA brake over accelerator switch
dsquires47
Post Ford BOA brake over accelerator switch
on: August 10, 2017 (GMT)

hi, i’m trying to monitor the on/off condition of the BOA switch. it’s mounted with the brake light switch on the brake pedal. i think it’s causing the engine to go into limp mode. i need to see it’s state when the event occurs. any help would be appreciated. Dan

F-150Torqued
Post Re: Ford BOA brake over accelerator switch
on: August 11, 2017 (GMT)

Dan:

I don’t find an ‘acronym’ of BOA, but from your description I think you are referring to BPP/BOO (Brake pedal pressed or Brake On/Off). Regrettably OBDII has not been developed out under very good standards and there is NOT ONLY wide differences in PID assignments (even within a given manufacturer) and Acronyms are not consistent either. I have even identified numerous differences between what appears to be different ‘versions’ of PCM software within the F150 lineup. //Shame// Torque Pro is the ONLY SCANNER that adequately accommodates this situation.

However, on my 2004 Ford F150 the following table works and has been verified.

The following are MODE/PID, Acronym, Descript, Unit, and Equation(s) for a 2004 F150 5.4L Triton. (PRDNDL = Park/Reverse/Drive/Neutral etc. etc. switch failure)
——————
221101… b0 … ACCS …. Air Conditioning Cycling Switch Input………….. ON/OFF {A:0}
221101… b1 … BPP/BOO . Brake Pedal Position/Brake On-Off Switch Input …. ON/OFF {A:1}
221101… b2 … 4X4L …. Requested 4 Wheel Drive Input ………………… ON/OFF {A:2}
221101… b3 … CPP/PNP . Clutch Pedal/Park Neutral Position Switch Input…. ON/OFF {A:3}
221101… b4 … TCS ….. Transmission Control button depressed …………. ON/OFF {A:4}
221101… b5 … TRFM …. Transmission Failure mode for PRNDL …………… ON/OFF {A:5}
221101… b6 … X?Unk
221101… b7 … PSP ….. Power Steering Pressure Input Switch Input………. HI/LOW {A:7}
——————–

In any event, in your case, I actually would be suspecting the three “Throttle” control PIDs and their sensors. The Accelerator Pedal, The Throttle Actuator position commanded by the PCM, And the Throttle Position Sensor used as positive feedback to the PCM. The PCM runs a constant ‘rationality check’ on all three of those to make sure those match. (OR possibly an electrical short between Brake ckt and one of those) IF THEY DONT MATCH — LIMP MODE. A binding throttle plate from a very dirty throttle body is a potential cause.

Hope this helps
———————-

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.009 seconds.

Follow me on twitter