Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » 2010 Duramax (LMM) PID Problems

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2010 Duramax (LMM) PID Problems
TOG68
Post 2010 Duramax (LMM) PID Problems
on: July 19, 2017 (GMT)

I am a new user of Torque Pro and and new member of this forum. I, however, have done a “lot” or searching here as well as on the web and have not found a working solution to my following problem.

I have set up Torque Pro to connect with my newly purchased Veepeak Wifi adapter. I am (now) getting connection with the wifi and ECU. I have loaded the custom PID codes for GM, however, none of them are pulling data. I am getting some of the data from the initial standard PID’s (eg Revs,…). I have tried adding the ATZ header under custom setup in the profile but then I cannot connect to the ECU and in general messed around with some trial and error. If anyone has the answer to how to get these codes to work, please provide the the info or link. In the meantime, I will continue my searches.

Thanks
Larry

2010 – Silverado HD (LMM)

Capp777
Post Re: 2010 Duramax (LMM) PID Problems

Is it possible your vehicle is using GMLAN?

https://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpforumaction=viewtopic&t=5075.0

https://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpforumaction=viewtopic&t=3646.0

TOG68

Wow – thanks for the prompt response. I am having someone that has access to this kind of GM data check into whether this might be my problem. The bit from the links in your response makes me wonder if this would only apply to auxiliary sensors such as ABS, airbags, etc. My needs don’t really extend beyond the drivetrain.

It is worth a look and I will see if I can’t get a clarification on this.

Capp777

You may know this already but just in case
you don’t… Look under Adapter Status icon
information for a list of mode 01 pids
supported by your vehicle.

TOG68

Yes – I did find this list under the adapter status, however, my inexperience caused me to be unsure of what I was looking at (the list seemed a little short to me). Does this list represent –
– all PID’s available from the ECU, or
– all PID’s available due to some limit in the adapter, or
– only those PID’s for which the program has the appropriate address/format and are available from the ECU???

I guess I really don’t even understand the reference to “Mode 1” PID’s (looks like I need to do more reading).

Again – thanks for the help.

Capp777
on: July 20, 2017 (GMT)

Mode 01 pids are based upon the OBDII
standard.

A little light reading…

ht tps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OBD-II_PIDs

Edit:

There may be some mode 01 pids in wiki that
are not currently included in Torque yet. I would
test the full range of 0100, 0120, 0140, 0160 and
0180 to see if there are any supported pids which
Torque may not have picked up.

TOG68
on: July 21, 2017 (GMT)

Thanks again.
The screenshot attached shows the info retrieved by the App. I was really hoping to have some of the basic data available such as Oil Pressure and Temperature and Transmission Temperature. The only GM custom PID reporting is the Transmission Fluid Temperature but it is reading -41 which even here in Canada in the summer isn’t right.
If anyone has suggestions how to pursue the few parameters, I would love to hear.

Thanks

Looks like I don’t know how to get an image into my post (nor can I find the help to tell me) – oh well……

TOG68
on: August 8, 2017 (GMT)

A more pointed question on this topic. I would be interested to know if anyone has selected hardware and PID’s for this app that will give them accurate readings for(based on Duramax LMM):
– Transmission temperature
– Oil pressure
– Oil temperature
– Turbo vane position
– Boost
– Exhaust temperature

If you have had (even some) success, please let me know the details.

Thanks
Larry

Dieseldreams
on: June 14, 2019 (GMT)

Did you ever figure it out I know it has been 2 years since last part on this topic

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.031 seconds.

Follow me on twitter