Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » New Phone, Torque Pro keeps Turning itself On

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Phone, Torque Pro keeps Turning itself On
drseth
Post New Phone, Torque Pro keeps Turning itself On
on: July 19, 2017 (GMT)

Hi,

I have been using Torque Pro in my vehicles, and really enjoy using it in my cars, but I upgraded to a new phone, a Moto G5 Plus Amazon ad-filled piece of crap, but it is faster and doesn’t freeze up.

I installed Torque Pro, and it works, but when I am not driving, it somehow turns itself back on, like it is possessed. I have tried changing every setting I can find, but it still comes back from the dead, like a Walker or something.

Can someone help me?

Seth Anderson
Moon, VA

TOG68
Post Re: New Phone, Torque Pro keeps Turning itself On
on: July 19, 2017 (GMT)

As you can see, I am a new member to the forum and a new user of Torque Pro – so my suggestion may be a bit lame.
I was using Torque Lite and to turn it off I just used the Android approach to closing the App. When I went to reconnect I just hit the screen icon and I would get prompt connection to the ECU. When I purchased Torque Pro, I initially got connection but afterwards it just did not connect at all. I discovered that if I did a forced stop in the Android App settings it would connect the next time I tried (ie. until this something was running in the background). Subsequently, I discovered there is a “Quit” command within the App settings. If I use this each time, the App “seems” to fully shut itself down and is ready to do a proper connection the next time. If you are not using this “Quit” command – give it a try. If you have known about this forever – then please excuse my attempt to help.

Good luck
Larry

2010 – Silverado HD (LMM)

Capp777
Post Re: New Phone, Torque Pro keeps Turning itself On
on: July 20, 2017 (GMT)

Good advice.

https://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpforumaction=viewtopic&t=2618.0

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.013 seconds.

Follow me on twitter