Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Bitmap / Graphical Needles or Not?

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bitmap / Graphical Needles or Not?
JohnWPB
Post Bitmap / Graphical Needles or Not?
on: July 16, 2017 (GMT)

I have Googled and searched this forum till my fingers have bled and still can not find an answer.

In the documentation (Wiki) it states:

“dialNeedleLength= – the length of the meter needle, if not using a bitmap
dialNeedleOffset= – If using a bitmap for the needle, this controls the pivot offset

Therefore, one can surmise that you CAN use a bitmap. I have looked at hundreds of themes as well as read every bit of documentation on Torque Pro (Which there is not a lot) and can not find out how to use a bitmap for a needle.

To use a BMP one would need at least the naming convention, and what format either BMP with pink representing the transparency, or an alpha layer .png.

Here is a screen cap of my current layout:

Capp777
Post Re: Bitmap / Graphical Needles or Not?
on: July 17, 2017 (GMT)

According to changelog for 1.8.128

* Half meter now uses theme needle bitmap image if set

This thread maybe useful…

https://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpforumaction=viewtopic&t=8401.0

JohnWPB
Post Re: Bitmap / Graphical Needles or Not?
on: January 4, 2018 (GMT)

Cappp; Thank you, a little late for sure, but thank you. I did finally get a chance to play around with it and got it to work. I was able o make a triangular needle.

Now, I just have to figure out what to name the graphics that do not have PID’s In the above image the top center gauge is goind to be a fuel gauge. I want to remove the text, and use custom text as I did on the RPM’s and the Speedo.

To remove the tickmarks, in the profile it is simple:
hideTicks_0c=true

I used a hack to remove the text, by putting the text outside of the dial area so it is not visible.
textRadius_0c=3.1

Those were both done with the PID’s. The “Fuel Remaining” is calculated by torque, and does not have a PID. I tried using its displayed name “Fuel Rem” to no avvail.

Any idea on this one?

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.014 seconds.

Follow me on twitter