Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Custom PID's and erratic reporting

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Custom PID's and erratic reporting
AJR
Post Custom PID's and erratic reporting
on: July 6, 2017 (GMT)

My AFR ration had returned to normal after being on the low side of things (not sure why how long this was going on). Last night I tried to enter in 2 custom PID’s per the following list returned by torquePro:

Name “ShortName” “ModeAndPID” “Equation” “Min Value” “Max Value” “Units” “Scale”
Abs throttle position b ATP B 0x47 (100/255)*A 0 100 % 1
Intake Manifold ABS Pressure MAP 0x0b A 0 255 kPa 1

Which failed to return anything. The ModeAndPID column doesn’t resemble exactly what I entered, but I suspect it is some sort of translation. I found the PID data here on TP website. I also noticed that right around that time, my AFR results started reading < 10.0:1. My question is, could entering those PID’s have had anything to do with this or was this purely coincidental? My next question is if those custom PID’s had anything to do with it, can someone tell me how, why this could happen, and what can I do about it? My trims don’t look much different though I need to take a closer look to be sure. Lastly, TP REALLY needs a comprehensive tutorial that covers this topic!!!

Capp777
Post Re: Custom PID

I thought those pids were already available
in Torque?

When creating a .csv file I use commas to
separate the fields, and quotes for text only…

“Long Name”,”Short Name”, “0147”, “A*(100/255)”, 0, 100, “%”,”x1″, “Auto”, “”, “”

Note that Long Names must be unique.

AJR

Quote from Capp777 on July 6, 2017
I thought those pids were already available
in Torque?

When creating a .csv file I used commas to
separate the fields, quotes for text only

“Long Name”,”Short Name”, “0147”, “A*(100/255)”, 0, 100, “%”,”x1″, “Auto”, “”, “”

I believe they are as well but they never worked, so I presumed that perhaps following someone’s suggestion here I could try those. It just occurred to me though that if they were the same exact PIDS, there is a menu asking if you want to override existing PID’s. Maybe I should have checked something in there. I’ll take another look at that.

Capp777

As long as you provide a unique Long Name
you shouldn’t have to override.

You should be able to look under Adapter
Status icon information to see list of sensors
supported by your vehicle.

AJR

I was under the impression that you can coax virtually anything out of these things if you know the right codes and formulas, and that the sensors that torque returns is just a list of the common ones that the car manufacturers let be known. I have at least a dozen other items I need/want to help me, such as oil temp, fuel pressure, etc and can’t believe they aren’t available somehow. Surely the car requires those to operate.

I

Capp777

The manufacturer decides which OBD pids
it will support. (Mode 01). Beyond those
will require finding the extended pids for
your vehicle.

Torque Pro does have some predefined
extended pids culled from public domain
(I believe) for some vehicles.

AJR
on: July 7, 2017 (GMT)

Quote from Capp777 on July 6, 2017
The manufacturer decides which OBD pids
it will support. (Mode 01). Beyond those
will require finding the extended pids for
your vehicle.

Torque Pro does have some predefined
pids culled from public domain I believe
for some vehicles.

They decide everything beyond what is legally required. My point was that there are codes beyond what is pre-defined and legally required, but as you say, you have to find them which apparently isn’t very easy. You would think they would be in the age of the internet

AJR
on: July 7, 2017 (GMT)

I would really appreciate it if someone could answer my questions. Thanks

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.172 seconds.

Follow me on twitter