Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » P0440 code

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: P0440 code
2001camry
Post P0440 code
on: July 1, 2017 (GMT)

Hi guys,

New here…great app! I love it! But have a lot to learn about it.

Currently, I could use some guidance. I have a P0440 code and figured out that I could display the Emissions Readiness s/DTC screen to show what readiness monitor tests have completed.

I cleared the codes, replaced my gas cap, and eventually all readiness monitor tests showed complete, except for the Evap System. Ultimately it ran the monitor readiness test I believe and threw the P0440. Evap System test showing “incomplete”.

Is there anything else in the Torque App I should be monitoring to help narrow in the P0440 code and what the specific issue is? From my understanding, if the gas cap did not fix the issue, then it is either:

– bad purge solenoid/valve
– bad vent solenoid/valve (near charcoal canister)
– hose crack/leak

Is there anything in the app that would help me determine if the valves are functioning properly?

Thank you,

F-150Torqued
Post Re: P0440 code
on: July 1, 2017 (GMT)

You are correct to ask – “Is there anything else in the Torque App I should be monitoring to help narrow in on the P0440 code …?”

Yes – but the vehicle’s manufacturer did not make it easy (for you or for Torque Pro). Outside of the government mandated sensors and PIDs, which Torque reads, interprets and displays for you, Vehicle manufacturers assign many other PIDs to other sensors and things that they do not publish. To make matters worse, they are NOT uniform between manufacturers. It takes lots of digging and research, and Scanning your vehicle for PIDs, and monitoring them trying to figure out meanings are.

Fortunately, if you can find the data for your specific vehicle – Torque can display ANY PID your PCM will respond to.

Unfortunately, the ones I have found for my 2004 F150 would be different from yours and of no help.

Good Luck

——————–

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.009 seconds.

Follow me on twitter