Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Reader connects to phone but not ECU

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reader connects to phone but not ECU
NoisyAndrew
Post Reader connects to phone but not ECU (FIXED)
on: June 28, 2017 (GMT)

I recently bought a Response PP-2145 bluetooth code reader.

the device has no trouble pairing with my Android phone, but constantly says it can not connect to the ECU. It cycles though all the various protocols without success.

I’ve done a bunch of searching around here and found that maybe sending and old modem style AT init string (sort off) may get things going. But I can not for the life of me work out where in the software settings you’d enter this?

I got the unit from a local electronics chain (Jaycar) and it comes recommending Torque as it’s mate App right out of the box. It was $AU 70 , so not totally cheap arse and they will happily refund it. But I’d like to have a good crack at getting it going before I give up on it.

I’m trying to look at an Australian 2003 Toyota Camry..

Boardgamer, MotoGP fan, yachtie, Rugby (watcher)..

NoisyAndrew
Post Re: Reader connects to phone but not ECU
on: June 29, 2017 (GMT)

So this morning i did a bit more googling and found the post i refer to in the question above..

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/29475-obdii-reader-for-zze-corollas-now-working/?page=3#comment-542481

NoisyAndrew
Post Re: Reader connects to phone but not ECU
on: July 2, 2017 (GMT)

More googling and I find a really useful post on the Australian Toyota forums.

Firstly you need to get the Pro (paid) version of Torque. Don’t baulk at this. It’s worth doing.

This allows you to set up a profile for you car. At the bottom where it says very advanced in yellow you need to enter an init’ string.

Everything works fine when you do this.

Here’s the link..
http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/54085-toyota-camry-altise-2005le-australian-odbii/#comment-561826

I’ve re-posted this from the Toyota forum incase the link goes dead.

turned out the initial “handshake” needed to communicate with the ECU is quite particular, so when running the TORQUE application on galaxy S4, I set up a vehicle profile for the sportivo, then scroll all the way down to the “custom conflagration string” field an input the following:

ATIB 96 \n ATIIA 13 \n ATSH8113F1 \n ATSP A4 \n ATSW00

and here is what it does/means:

ATIB 96 \n – set the ISO baud rate to 9600
ATIIA 13 \n – set ISO (slow) init adress to 13
ATSH8113F1 \n – set Header to 8113F1
ATSP A4 \n – set protocol to Auto, 4 and save it
ATSW00 – set wakeup interval to 00 x 20 msec

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.013 seconds.

Follow me on twitter