Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Plugin manager not working 1.8.158 on Android 6.0.1

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Plugin manager not working 1.8.158 on Android 6.0.1
creole3000
Post Plugin manager not working 1.8.158 on Android 6.0.1
on: May 30, 2017 (GMT)

Hey guys,

Torque Pro app version 1.8.158 (android)

Device:
Eonon GA7163 android car head unit running
Android version 6.0.1

Issue:
I am able to install Torque Pro on multiple android devices from the google play , and with it the following plug ins: Mazdaspeed 3 Torque PID plugin, and Torque Scan. The two plug ins operate on my other devices, however i cannot get the plug ins to work on my Android Car head unit. It is a Eonon GA7163 android 6.0.1 head unit.

Torque pro will show that the plug ins are installed. Torque Scan will display the magnifying glass icon, however when i select Torque scan the next screen is empty, it does not display PIDs. If i try to scan PIDs, it throws a ‘plugin manager error’.

With the Torque Mazdaspeed 2010 PID plugin, it shows as a plug in in the plug in manager, however when i try to import external PID, it does not show in the list.

I have tried the following in various combinations:
Uninstalled Torque App and re installed via app store.
Uninstalled Torque app via APK manager and re installed via app store.
Removed both plug ins and re installed via app store.
The head unit came with an older version of Torque App APK, so i tried installing it via APK manager, and still there is an issue with plug in manager.

I am running the Torque up 70+ theme , however if this is un installed, the issue remains.

I have all permissions enabled for Torque App. And the issue occurs if i have WIFI enabled or disabled.

Please note that the Android head unit came from factory with a version of Torque Pro which the google store did not recognize as legitimate. The plug ins did not work for this, so i uninstalled it via app manager, and later on when i tried to re install the APK i removed it again with an APK manager. Could this be the issue? That an illegitimate copy of Torque Pro does not allow plug in manager to work correctly? Or somehow left traces of a dodgy copy somewhere in the registry?

Any suggestions would be great thanks, as i wish to have all plug ins operational on my android car head unit (importanlty the Mazdaspeed 2010 PID for KR which i paid for!!), rather than having a phone or tablet hanging from the car.
All other standard functions appear to work and display ok. Just not plugin manager.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.006 seconds.

Follow me on twitter