Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Run-on-demand-only or at least no notification screen?

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Run-on-demand-only or at least no notification screen?
dpaus
Post Run-on-demand-only or at least no notification screen?
on: May 23, 2017 (GMT)

Apologies if this question has been asked and answered previously; I >did< do a search, but (obviously) didn’t find an answer…. Is there a way to set the Android version of Torque to only run when the user wants it? Right now, Torque is putting a notification bar on my login screen that blocks the clock and uses one of only 2 notification-bar spaces on that screen – meaning that when I’m getting messages from my kids, important e-mails, etc., I no longer see them; instead I constantly see a notification bar that (really helpfully) tells me that I’m not in my car. I’ve searched through the Settings looking for something that will stop this, but (again, obviously) didn’t find an answer….yet. I would prefer that the app NOT run until I ASK it to run, and to fully and completely exit when I quit from it – NOT leave something running in the background and using my login screen to tell me it can’t connect. How do I do that?

Capp777
Post Re: Run-on-demand-only or at least no notification screen?
on: May 23, 2017 (GMT)

On my Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4g I use the
Menu>Quit option which completely shuts
down Torque. Do not use the back key to
exit.

dpaus
Post Re: Run-on-demand-only or at least no notification screen?
on: May 24, 2017 (GMT)

That works – thank you!

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.012 seconds.

Follow me on twitter