Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Bug - Ford Mode 6 TIDs

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bug - Ford Mode 6 TIDs
gekoenig
Post Bug - Ford Mode 6 TIDs
on: May 11, 2017 (GMT)

Hi, I just bought your pro app to help find misfires on my ford. I think I found a bug.

I can add a custom PID, 0653XX, but I get 8 sets of 8 bytes in return and A,B,C,D, etc. formula only uses the last set of 8 bytes to parse the data.

What I found out is that your app does not send the 5th and 6th characters, for example, 0653 will give the same data as 065301.

I need data for 065300 through 065307. Can you check to make sure that your app is sending all 6 hex characters?

This may solve a whole lot of problems for the Ford mode 6 crowd.

Lastly, I have a 2001 5.4 truck, it does not support the “extended” mode 22 codes, they were in later models, however the later models also support mode 6 data, very confusing.

thank you

Capp777
Post Re: Bug - Ford Mode 6 TIDs

I used the mode six data under test results icon
to see misfires on my family’s 2000 Ford Focus.

I’m assuming you are aware but just in case you
were not.

The Ford predefined pid set was developed by
mostly diesel users but I’ve found some like
VPWR and TFT to work on our gassers.

gekoenig

Yes, it seems to perform mode 6 tests, however, in my case I have a value for cylinder 2 only. The others are blank as if they are not supported. This may be correct in that the others will show up if they register a misfire.

the cylinder 2 value is not incrementing, seems to be stuck at a certain number,3735, I think. I can feel the truck misfire but the number does not increase. I would like to reset it back to zero and watch it again. Perhaps it reaches a certain number and stops counting?

Capp777

Have you added the Ford predefined pids yet?

There are misfire counters that might work for
your vehicle.

gekoenig
on: May 19, 2017 (GMT)

The Ford mode “22” extended codes do not work for my 2001 truck. I need the mode 06, 53, 00 through 07 to get misfire counts.

The Torque app does run the mode 6 tests and will give me individual misfire counts, BUT this is not ideal….

Creating custom PIDS – 06 53 00 through 07 do not work. It appears that the truck only receives characters 06 53 which returns misfire counts for “all” cylinders, and a formula will only use the last string of bytes. There is no way to create a formula for each cylinder information.

If Torque would send all 6 characters then we could set up alarms for each cylinder.

As it stands now, you have to manually initiate the mode 6 test or run the custom PID to get a snapshot of all eight cylinders.

It would be much better if we could set up an alarm so we didnt have to “guess” when we have misfires and then run Torque.

I just need to know if Torque is sending all 6 characters to my ELM27 interface when I set up a custom PID, for example 065301 . I do not believe this to be true, I believe Torque is only sending 4 characters 0653.

Capp777
on: May 19, 2017 (GMT)

Just curious… do the mode 22 pids for
misfire work with header C410F1? (PWM).

tommyboy1986
on: April 15, 2018 (GMT)

Are there sets that will work for the 5.4 engine I have tried the predifined sets on the app but they do not work for my 05 f150 I am trying to count misfires but the predefined PIDs do not seem to pick up any dadt from my truck

F-150Torqued
on: April 16, 2018 (GMT)

@gekoenig

I don’t think you have found a “BUG” in Torque’s Mode processing. Individual Cylinder misfire counters were NOT presented on the OBDII bus in your 2001 Ford vehicle. If I have my facts right, that change was made in ~ 2004. Under YOUR version Mode , TIDs through A produces “Cylinder-specific misfire and catalyst damaging misfire threshold misfire rate (either cat damage or emission threshold) (updated when DTC set or clears). Report is in “Percentage”, not discrete ‘Counts’. Your 3735 number is some binary count converted into decimal percentage that actual misfire count is of the Factory constant considered as “Catalyst damaging” misfire rate. My guess might be 37.35% ??? You should be able to verify this through your actual Mode report from Torque. I do not think IT is failing you. Most likely these facts probably explain why many of the other extended Ford PIDs are not working for you. You need to do a broad range raw PID SCAN and find out which PID #s your PCM will even respond to. Then try to match them to what each means.

It is TRUE that the Mode 22 individual cylinder misfire count PIDs in the Ford Extended PIDs does not seem to work on anything “I” have tried them on, including my 2004 5.4L 3v.

However, on My2004 and later models, a Mode request (065300 through 065307) request will produce response containing discrete misfire ‘count’ (0 – 65536) for each cylinder 1 through 8 respectively – using the formula G*256+H. The sum of them matches the Misfire Total Count as reported by PID 1616.

I believe it was only My2004 and later where this works.

You and @tommyboy1986 might find some benefit in a couple of dashboard layouts and several PID descriptions I posted in these two posts:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1104362-5-4-randomly-misfiring-4.html#post17322257

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1506404-help-plz-2004-f150-bank-1-misfire-no-code-10.html#post17546823

Good Luck.

————————

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.184 seconds.

Follow me on twitter