Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Can Torque record video cameras info

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can Torque record video cameras info
Rexa
Post Can Torque record video cameras info
on: May 11, 2017 (GMT)

Hello,

I will be testing driver behaviour for my PhD and we have several equipments to setup in our test car, Mercedes Class E – 2016. However i wanted to avoid equiping the car with all those equiments for several reasons, and i have come across this APP TORQUE PRO.

We have buyed and tested it in different cars, but not yet in the Mercedes. So my question is, so far it seems great to get GPS info as speed, acelleration, trotrle variables, but i have interest in gathering also information about headway variables.

Maybe because the cars i have been testing so far didnt have many build in tecnologie/sensors and so I havent got this measure, or Torque does not give information about a car headway?

And at last, the vehicle i will be testing has also built-in cameras, is there any plug-in in torque capeble of recording a travel?

PS: Is there any option to pay to have those two things working?

Kindly,
R.R.

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Can Torque record video cameras info
on: May 11, 2017 (GMT)

Hi!

You’ll probably want to have a look at the ‘Track Recorder’ plugin on google play for some of this as it might be along the lines of what you are looking for as it allows you to overlay video camera info with the OBD info
(A demo video of it is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hLm5TDUs0k )

The inbuilt cameras will likely be connected to canbus, however these are usually proprietary (in merc it’ll likely be a Bosch or COMMAND who have the (often closed) documentation on how the cameras communicate), so unless that’s known the app can’t talk to them (and also it may be on an inaccessible canbus in the vehicle, making things more difficult to communicate with)

The track recorder however lets you use the android devices internal cameras (and USB cameras if you have a compatible one) – some phones (like the Sony Xperia let you use both front and back cameras at the same time)

If the vehicle provices OBD speed then it should be accessible in the app (Both GPS *and* OBD speed are accessible in Torque – you should see this in the list of sensors available (Speed (OBD) vs Speed (GPS)) letting you select the one you want (or even both!) – Long-press on the dashboard (or track recorder screen) to add new displays

Rexa
Post Re: Can Torque record video cameras info
on: May 17, 2017 (GMT)

Hi, ty for the replay.

Like you suggested i have try the Track Recorder plugin. But because i intended to record more than one camera, at the same time i have setup in my laptop and virtual android, then i put the Torque Pro and the plug in. My goal is to connect USB Cameras to the PC and hopefully the Track Recorder can record all three cameras info.

My problems are that, the plug in says that cant record because for some reason doesnt recongnize the laptop built in camera, and my other problem is how to add the secund camera, and third cameras to be recorded in simultaneous. Can it be donne at all?

Kindly,
R.R.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.014 seconds.

Follow me on twitter