Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Windows_Hidden File

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Windows_Hidden File
userM
Post Windows_Hidden File
on: May 5, 2017 (GMT)

I have 2 android smartphones which I can see in each the .torque file
When I connect them to my windows pc I can see the .torque file only on the LGG4. I can not see it in Samsung J3

I have tried several options etc but problem still here

Anyone have a solution?

F-150Torqued
Post Re: Windows_Hidden File

I’m not familiar with Samsung, but if you have a file browsing feature or App (I use ES File Explorer App on my HTC phone), it has an option to view hidden files. If that is ‘Off’, same thing happens on my HTC.

————–

dekade

Check with Samsungs website for a file that helps your phone communicate with the PC. I have the LG G3. LG is great about making their phones connect to PC’s. I used to have an older HTC phone that required a communicating file that had to be loaded on phone and PC. That’s what makes me think about Samsung possibly being the same way. Thus, regarding the Samsung – it may require a little bit of Samsung help regarding a communicating file to connect the two devices. Just search around on Samsung. I bet they have something.

userM
on: May 6, 2017 (GMT)

Can not find anythihng. Even rooted the phone! nothing
Is someone have a solution please share

F-150Torqued

I wonder if the Windows file options themselves would be effecting this – or be able to change the setting (in the Android device’s file).

Have you tried >Organize >Folder and Search options in Windows Explorer while the Android parent folder is selected?

I don’t know, it’s hard to test when you’re not having the problem.

————

stupink

I think this if I’m reading it right is the difference between connecting to the pc as a drive, and connecting as a media device, later android and some phones are media device only.. I remember my LGG3 connected as a full drive, but my HTC10 and Galaxy s8 are Media devices only. I don’t fully understand the difference but there are annoying limitations to this, though I didn’t think it hid files.. the limitation that winds me up is one file at a time, so you open your camera folder and you cannot open one then tab through the pictures, as it only “downloads” the one initial file to your pc.. grrr..

A work around reguardless would plausibly be to setup an FTP server on the phone, add the folders you require, and browse it that way.

:) I have a headache, so apologies if I misread/understood anything I just skimmed it.

userM

FTP is a fine solution. did not knew what it was but it was easy to connect

Thanks!

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.035 seconds.

Follow me on twitter