Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Using Samsung Galaxy Tab A with WiFi 7" Touchscreen Tablet with Torque-Pro

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Using Samsung Galaxy Tab A with WiFi 7" Touchscreen Tablet with Torque-Pro
Mike8253
Post Using Samsung Galaxy Tab A with WiFi 7" Touchscreen Tablet with Torque-Pro
on: May 2, 2017 (GMT)

I had used an older Motorola phone with Torque-Pro in my motorhome for a long time and was very happy with the combo, but now the phone has died and I need to replace it. I’m interested to have a larger display and was looking at purchasing a refurbished Samsung Galaxy Tab A with 7″ Touchscreen as the replacement. This tablet is Bluetooth/WiFi/GPS capable and the screen would allow more dials to be displayed and be a lot easier for me to read. My question is, would I be buying a Bluetooth connectivity problem with this Samsung tablet? The phone uses the Android 5.1 Lollipop operating system. I’d appreciate hearing from anyone with experience using Samsung devices to let me know this purchase is a problem waiting to happen, or if the Samsung issues have been resolved over time. Thanks in advance.

s20055
Post Re: Using Samsung Galaxy Tab A with WiFi 7" Touchscreen Tablet with Torque-Pro
on: May 3, 2017 (GMT)

I’m using that exact combo and it’s been frustrating. Paired with the OBDLink MX Bluetooth.

Mike8253
Post Re: Using Samsung Galaxy Tab A with WiFi 7" Touchscreen Tablet with Torque-Pro
on: May 3, 2017 (GMT)

I have an OBDLink LX that I will be using it with. Can you tell me what issues you have been having? Are they related to pairing the two together? Or other? Thanks.

s20055
on: May 5, 2017 (GMT)

The gauges constantly freeze after 10-20 minutes (stop updating). Definitely not a real-time monitor. PID Refresh rate is not very fast; averages 14-16 PID/sec. Support from Scantool is okay, in that they will endlessly replace your device…but not really fix the problems. The latest Firmware revisions seem to make all of the problems worse.

**From what I’ve read on the ScanTool Forums is that the LX is not compatible with all vehicles. Make sure you confirm the supported protocols with the OBD Protocol on your vehicle.

Mike8253
on: May 9, 2017 (GMT)

I ended up buying the used Galaxy Tab A tablet and took it to the motorhome with my OBDlink LX data link connector and tried it out. It worked perfectly, paired right away. There were no issues whatsoever. So apparently the old Bluetooth issues between the Galaxy and the data link connectors has been taken care of. Thought I’d close this item out with this last post.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.017 seconds.

Follow me on twitter