Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » ELM327 Scan tool

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ELM327 Scan tool
-Robert-
Post ELM327 Scan tool
on: April 27, 2017 (GMT)

Just got Torque Pro yesterday. I have an old scan tool (ELM327 OBDII) that I’m sure I got from Torque lots of years ago from the internet. That was approx. 10 or 15 years ago.

I tried to include images of it but don’t seem to be able to.

The front has an orange and dark blue emblem with 5 lights in the orange part. The blue bottom has a blue tooth sign and printed on it is ELM 327 Interface. Below that is Supports all OBDII protocols. There is no manufacturers name.

On one edge is a little strip of paper with “SQC(writen 8)’M'(writing looks like 24 but can’t be sure)then printed ‘D'”.
(SQC8M24D). This morning I had to go to the store so fired up my new Samsung tablet and the worked fine, the “Real time” section worked.

When I came out of the store and started the car nothing worked the display was there but none of the gauges moved except the Accel guage. I also noticed the interface had more than one light, three of the lights were cycling with only the one Closest to the plug on solidly.

So I have no idea what is happening with the set up. Do I have to access the interface each time I start the car?

Born and raised in California. Spent a few years in the USAF B47’s then missiles, from there got out and went to college. Got a Ba in fine arts but never became famous so stopped. Living in Connecticut for 40+ years.

Capp777
Post Re: ELM327 Scan tool
on: April 29, 2017 (GMT)

You might want to create a vehicle profile
that specifies the protocol your vehicle uses.

Look under adapter status icon functions to
see if any errors are reported. A working
adapter will usually not show any errors.

Your leds are likely…

Power
RS232 Tx (Bluetooth)
RS232 Rx (Bluetooth)
OBD Tx (Vehicle)
OBD Rx (Vehicle)

-Robert-
Post Re: ELM327 Scan tool
on: April 29, 2017 (GMT)

Thanks Capp777

I’ll check that out the next time I use the car. I still don’t understand why it worked once then on the same day when I restarted the car it failed.

Oh, well I’ll try again tomorrow.

Born and raised in California. Spent a few years in the USAF B47’s then missiles, from there got out and went to college. Got a Ba in fine arts but never became famous so stopped. Living in Connecticut for 40+ years.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.08 seconds.

Follow me on twitter