Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » A couple of notes and possible improvements

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A couple of notes and possible improvements
Zmegolaz
Post A couple of notes and possible improvements
on: April 27, 2017 (GMT)

Hi,

I’ve written my own web log receiver for data upload to render graphs live, to show in the pit during a race. It works really great, I get all the info I need, I love the web upload feature. However I have a few notes/issues I thought I should write about here, to see if they’re possible to improve and to help others who are in the same boat as me.

My major issues:

1. Is it possible to add a checkbox or similar to upload data even when there’s no GPS lock? I understand there’s no real need when using the official Torque trip log server with the map and all that, but in my case I’m not interested in the GPS coordinates, I only want the rest of the data all the time, regardless of GPS status. Similarly, I’d like to upload data faster than once per second, even though the GPS doesn’t update this fast.

2. It seems like the app ignores HTTPS an use HTTP anyway, regardless of what protocol I enter in the URL field. It also seems to ignore any GET variables. For example, “https://example.com/upload.php?key=asdasdasd” really means “http://example.com/upload.php”.

A couple of minor/cosmetic issues I have workarounds for:

3. I’ve had to do some reverse engineering of the log format, is there any documentation for this? I’ve searched the forum and wiki, but couldn’t find anything except for some other implementations (https://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpforumaction=viewtopic&t=4309.0). I’d like something which explains the different log types like user units, session information, and so on. If you’re interested and don’t have anything ready, I could write a wiki article based on my findings (it’d need to be proof read since I’ve been guessing a quite a bit).

4. The “Turbo Boost & Vacuum Gauge” is logged in PSI, even though I’ve chosen bar in the units section and the userUnitff1202 sent to the log server is “bar”. In the “select what to log” menu it’s listed as psi though. I also think the unit should be “bar(g)” since it’s relative to the atmospheric pressure and not absolute pressure, if this is always true in both MAP and MAF cases.

5. The userFullNameff1202 variable has replaced the “&” with “%20” (space) instead of “%26”, making it “Turbo Boost Vacuum Gauge”.

6. Torque web upload seems to use HTTP 1.0 with a single connection for each log point. I have no idea about the inner working of the app, but it could lower the overhead and increase upload speed and response time if the connections were reused. Especially if HTTPS support is added (see point 2).

Thanks!

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.006 seconds.

Follow me on twitter