Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Estimated oil temp

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Estimated oil temp
vis
Post Estimated oil temp
on: April 22, 2017 (GMT)

Let’s say I want to estimate oil temp by combining into an equation coolant temp, run time and rpm average. How would I setup a custom pid?

F-150Torqued
Post Re: Estimated oil temp
on: April 23, 2017 (GMT)

Just create a custom PID of Long Name of whatever you want to call it. – Let’s say “Estimated Oil Temp”, and leave the Mode/PID blank. Looks like you would need another custom pid averaging RPM, and you would need to get ‘run time’ from somewhere.

After all that, I’m not sure you would have a very reliable estimate. Instead of Time-RPM, Wouldn’t engine load, if available – or vacuum or MAF or CHT improve the estimate?

——————

vis

For avg rpm I created a custom pid with header 01 0D and equation Ravg((256*A+B)/4)
Am I doing it correctly?

F-150Torqued

I have not actually used the ‘Ravg’ function myself yet – but otherwise your formula looks correct to me. You can slap a gauge up on a screen and watch it to verify it.

If it does provide the average your looking for, you can use that result in any other PID formula you wish by using Val{Long Name} , referring to it by its proper Long Name – spelled EXACTLY the same as you have keyed it in. (Has to be EXACT, upper / lower case, spaces, everything). And those are braces in the ‘Val’ function, not parenthesis or brackets.

————–

vis

It gives me some 2k rpm more than plausible avg.
Later I try with virtual pid int(ravg([010d]))

Capp777

You might get better results using
TAVG(seconds:value) or
AVG(samplesize:value).

RAVG averages everything until it
is reset.

vis
on: April 26, 2017 (GMT)

I wrongly entered 0d (speed) instead of 0c (rpm)
now it works with RAVG

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.033 seconds.

Follow me on twitter