Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Torque display does not update when new customPID.csv loaded

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Torque display does not update when new customPID.csv loaded
nkemp
Post Torque display does not update when new customPID.csv loaded
on: April 5, 2017 (GMT)

I have a custom PID.csv file loaded. When I updated it, I then imported the new file overwriting the old PID info with the new. (in this case all I did was give a more accurate range)

When I look at the live display(dials), I still see the old information. It looks like I need to delete the old dials and then need to recreate each one.

Is this the case?

Is there a way to automatically “refresh” the active dials?

cintakc
Post Re: Torque display does not update when new customPID.csv loaded
on: April 6, 2017 (GMT)

If you edited the .csv file on the phone, then after saving the changes, you need to clear the list of external PIDs and add your file .csv with external PIDs again

F-150Torqued

Quote: ” It looks like I need to delete the old dials and then need to recreate each one.

Is this the case? ”

—————

It seems a better practice to do so (especially those that have changes). I have noticed that if I edit an extended PID – even with the PID editor -, it seems there are certain things that do not update on the dashboard dial for THAT PID. @cintakc is correct FOR SURE if you are editing the ‘.csv’ file with a text editor. THEN you would have to clear extended pids completely and import the list again or nothing would change.

————–

nkemp

I think I loaded the .csv without clearing the previous PIDs. It supposedly updated any existing PIDS but that does not seem to be my experience.

F-150Torqued
on: April 7, 2017 (GMT)

You have raised a couple of interesting questions. I “Think” the Import CSV file procedure asks whether you wish to ‘append’ or ‘overwrite’ – although, in fairness, this is from memory. HOWEVER, I am sure I have brought up an extended PID with the “EDIT” option, changed certain things – and had those changes NOT show up on the dashboard screen until I deleted it and re-ADDED the gauge.

—————

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.02 seconds.

Follow me on twitter