Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » need help

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: need help
moath
Post need help
on: April 3, 2017 (GMT)

obd2 show
MID:$f0TID:24

MIN:10,417 ms
MAX: 0 ms
current : 19,040 ms

prius GEN 3 2012 ODO 40,000 ML
what is that ?

F-150Torqued
Post Re: need help
on: April 4, 2017 (GMT)

Looks like a Mode 06 Report.

Monitor Identification = hex F0
Test Identification = hex 24

Factory parameters are established to be between 0 milliseconds and 10,417 milliseconds

Yours was 19,040 ms——– OUTSIDE THOSE PARAMETERS, AT THE INSTANT you ran the report.

I’m not trying to be a smart ass. But various ID’s for tests and reports are ‘assigned’ by the manufacturer and not standardized beyond basic O2 sensor(s) and emissions tests. The description of the test and completion ID’s (codes) must be obtained from vehicle manufacturer.

ALSO: The ‘instantaneous’ nature of Mode 06 test results is useful, but must to be understood and considered. Example: If you do a Mode 06 Report on O2 sensors //// upstream O2 sensor voltage swings very quickly based upon oxygen sensed /// Just because it is outside of maximum – minimum parameters for one instant may mean little-to-nothing. It is still better than crawling under the vehicle with a volt-ohm meter and burning yourself on a hot exhaust trying to read 02 sensor voltage. A trouble code may not be set unless there are ‘multiple’ readings outside of those parameters, and your Mode 06 report only took a snapshot of one instant.

Bottom Line. I do not know what MID F0, TID 24 means on a Prius. But hope this helps.

————–

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.009 seconds.

Follow me on twitter