Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » problem with citroen

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: problem with citroen
erom9171
Post problem with citroen
on: June 21, 2011 (GMT)

Hello, I recently buy an android cell phone, an OBD adapter and full version of torque. I am paired the phone with adapter and i´m configure it. The program doesn´t find any protocol compatible with my ECU.

My car is a 2002 Citroen Xsara 2.0 hdi. ECU is a Siemens SID 801.

I am searching on internet for my car complies OBDII protocol, and I have see that is.

Please help me! I have waiting long time for android cell only for can use this app.

Thanks.

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: problem with citroen
on: June 22, 2011 (GMT)

Hi!

If your vehicle is * definitely* OBD2 compatible, then it will work with Torque

If it is not, then it is very likely to be the adapter that is the issue. If you have a clone adapter, consider contacting the seller for a replacement(hopefully the next one they send out will work)

erom9171

Thanks for the answer, i have send an e-mail to the suplier.

Other thing i want to tell you is that my cell phone makes blocked at closing of app and i have to do a hard reset. Its a samsung galaxy mini

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

That’s a known problem with the bluetooth drivers in Samsung phones (and some HTC). It’s caused by another bluetooth enabled app actively listening in the background (even when you don’t think it’s running) for things like music streaming devices.

Typical culprits are Vlingo, Pandora, and External GPS apps. If you remove them (to test) then disable their bluetooth functionality, then everything should work fine.

This isn’t a bug in Torque, but a problem with the bluetooth drivers in the Android OS. I’ve tried long and hard to workaround their bugs, but the manufacturer needs to send out a firmware update to fix the issue. It might be worth pestering their support lines.

Ian

erom9171

Back with the problem on my car. I have see, searching for info about the protocol of my obd, that it uses ISO9141-2. Torque suports this protocol?
I have searched in this forums and i haven`t see any user whith a xsara hdi or similar.
It´s possible that my car would have a different protocol because it is from europe?

piemmm
Administrator

Torque works with all the protocols – it’s not the actual app that deals with that kind of protocol (it adheres to the OBD2 standard, but the ‘what is used to talk to the ECU’ is handled by the adapter)

This is where most of the issues with the adapters happen. The only thing I can suggest is to try the adapter on a Ford, and another OBD2 vehicle that you definately know is OBD2 compliant and using the same protocol as your citroen.

Most petrols from 1996 should be OBD2 compliant, but Diesel are different and appear to have been more or less fully supported from 2004 onwards. This does not mean your vehicle isn’t OBD2 compliant, as it is down to the manufacturer whether or not they implemented it. You’ll probably get a more definitive/better answer on a citroen specific forum as to if your vehicle is OBD2 compliant or not

erom9171
on: June 24, 2011 (GMT)

hello again. the last day i am connect my elm(same that not work on my car)in a 2001 seat ibiza. The adapter was connected to ecu but torqe only shown water temperature. The protocol that torque says he is using is iso9141,the same that my car needs. What can you say me about this?

Djchiarello
on: January 18, 2016 (GMT)

Tengo un citroen c5 año 2004 gasolina y mi obd no se conecta con la ecu

stevog
on: January 5, 2021 (GMT)

The best OBD for Citroen cars is the iCarsoft i970, FR V2.0, iCarsoft CR Pro & Autel MD808 Pro these OBD code reader tools will diagnose & reset fault codes and warning lights in the main systems like engine, ABS, airbags, transmission, parking sensors and much more. They will allow you to read & clear the error fault code and turn off the check engine warning light, airbag warning light, ABS warning light etc.

I’ve used these Bluetooth OBD-2 scanners and they are useless as they are not specific to Citroen cars, the above scanners are. Torque is a good software but the Bluetooth OBD-2 is where the problem is. Don’t waste your money get the proper tool for Citroen.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.034 seconds.

Follow me on twitter