Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Virtual pid

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Virtual pid
Bfg
Post Virtual pid
on: March 8, 2017 (GMT)

I set up my torque pro with a pid for a ford ficm and it shows up as a virtual pid and doesn’t seem to be working.
Is this normal to show up a virtual and if not how do I fix it.

F-150Torqued
Post Re: Virtual pid

If your Mode/PID value is blank, Torque will treat the PID as a ‘Virtual PID’ (just a simple memory variable).

Did you name it “FICM Vehicle Power”, or FICM Logic Power”?

I ‘think’ (although I do not know this for sure) that if the ‘Long name’ is invalid, the same thing will happen (ie: if the name is identical to another valid PID). I’ve had a couple of mine act ‘squirrely’, so partly to avoid this possibility, I have developed a habit of naming all my personally created PIDs with a preceding underscore character. That also makes my PIDs sort to the front of the custom list.

———————-

=====Edit==== 3/8/2017
I think my answer was partly incorrect or perhaps just insufficient. I looked and I have ONE custom PID for FTP_V (_Fuel Tank Pressure Volts). It does have a MODE/PID specified (221639) which is the correct PID for Fuel Tank Pressure Volts on my 2004 F150 5.4L Triton. My long name is definitely unique as it has the underscore character I mentioned above, and it still shows up as a “Virtual PID”. The corresponding gauge works perfectly.

However I noticed the instruction at the very top of the Custom Pid Add/Edit screen states “OBD2 Mode and PID … or empty if ‘internal_pid]’ is used in the equation.”

THIS is the case with my _Fuel Tank Pressure Volts. The formula is: ([221172]*(0.14167*[221687])+2.6250)/5 which uses two other internal PIDs. (I may be able to remove the Mode/PID and leave it ‘blank’ and it still work).

Internal PIDs for Vehicle Power (Battery) Voltage (1172), and Fuel Tank Pressure Input (1687) are both employed per formula I found in my Ford Factory Service Manual, and works perfectly – AFTER I found the formula for Fuel Tank Pressure (inH2O) in the service manual and corrected the formula for PID 1687 to: (Signed(A)+B)*0.00487

Keep in mind ALL this is for an ’04 F150 Lariat 5.4L, and may not be applicable to your vehicle at all. However, if you have an ‘internal’ PID in your equation – and THAT PID is not working or giving a reading could explain your problem.

Hope this helps.

Capp777

Quote from Bfg on March 8, 2017
I set up my torque pro with a pid for a ford ficm and it shows up as a virtual pid and doesn’t seem to be working.
Is this normal to show up a virtual and if not how do I fix it.

End Quote.

It would help to know the details of the pid you
created. (All of my FICM Pids are normal).

Bfg
on: March 9, 2017 (GMT)

Thank you for your help I found where the error was in the equation that’s to your post!

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.017 seconds.

Follow me on twitter