Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Monitoring/logging live data for engine stutter

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Monitoring/logging live data for engine stutter
SpAcenut
Post Monitoring/logging live data for engine stutter
on: March 7, 2017 (GMT)

Hello,

New to the product and to this forum so I am grasping here to figure out how to post a question… Sorry if I did this wrong.

I have a 2016 Chevy Cruze LTZ that is having an intermittent engine stutter. I mainly notice it after a 30 mile trip on the highway and at the exit ramp stoplight, I feel it stutter for about 5 -7 secs. My On-Star service is supposedly able to go to the diagnostics to check what is causing it however by the time they answer the phone, get me transferred to the diagnostics dept, the problem has been long gone. I also dont want to take it into the shop for fear of the usually “theres nothing wrong, we dont see anything” issue so I bought the Torque Pro and the Vgate Scan BT scan tool. Is there a feature within the program that can log the data live and possibly show where this stutter is coming from? I have the units communicating just fine but not being a mechanic, Im not sure what to set up to monitor the data stream and at same time, notice the time that the issue occurs and then go back over saved data? I dont see any logged/saved error codes in ECM so Im not sure where to go from here.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Also, is there a way to get all settings back to default on the Torque Pro app?

Thanks,
Bob

F-150Torqued
Post Re: Monitoring/logging live data for engine stutter
on: March 8, 2017 (GMT)

Your question, while well intended, is very difficult, if not impossible, to answer. Just because of its nature. You concede it is intermittent and “there’s nothing wrong” when it is not happening. Could be any one of the critical systems either managing the engine, or monitoring the engine that momentarily looses electrical connection or shorts out.

The answer to your question “Is there a feature … that can log data live” is YES. Torque Pro can log ANYTHING it can display – and you can even add additional sensors to the list and log them too. As to which one – it is anybody’s guess.

My suggestion to you would be to go into settings and set up Data Logging & Upload and get your connection to Torque-bhp’s WEB SERVER working, then set up your password to the WEB VIEWER (example view is behind the auto on home page here). Then just start an orderly process of logging various gauges and parameters until you can catch it acting up. Whatever is being logged at that moment (MIGHT) contain something that points in the right direction.

To get ‘everything’ back to ground zero, I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling (but from your same Google Acct), then reinstall the GM custom PID list.

Good luck with a difficult one.

——————–

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.009 seconds.

Follow me on twitter